44. enjoying my time with you

Start from the beginning

-

Word had spread about Danny's Halloween blacklight party held in Derek's apartment while he was away, and the whole school was buzzing about it because it was apparently going to be amazing. Riley didn't really want to go, but Olivia had already planned hers and Riley's outfits so that they matched indirectly; denim shorts and a bandeau top. Riley decided to wear something over it (a black mesh long sleeved top) to make sure that if her top fell down, she was at least a little covered. So, when she arrived at the tall familiar building, at the top were flashing lights of different colours spilling out of the windows and she prayed that no one with epilepsy was looking at that because even she felt a bit dizzy.

The two walked inside the large open apartment, knowing instantly that Derek definitely would not like this if he found out. The lights were flashing, the floor was covered in jumping bodies covered in glowing body paint and glowsticks. The white in their clothing made them stand out even more, and Riley regretted wearing only black. She wanted to glow as well. Olivia was approached by a boy covered from head to toe in green paint that Riley hardly recognized him, and he took her by the arm and dragged her into the mosh pit, leaving Riley to examine the party-goers in their natural habitat. The DJ was on an elevated part of the apartment, allowing him to be the center of the attention without anyone actually paying attention to him. His head bobbed up and down as he held up one headphone to his ear as he fiddled with the knobs on his spin table. Riley's eyes wandered over to the body paint station, and her eyes fixated into a cold and stern look as she saw Allison drawing all over Isaac with a paint brush. Riley instantly dropped her smile and felt a slight smudge of jealousy. She was jealous that Isaac was spending all of his time with her, when Riley was free like, all the time. Why was he so interested in her all of a sudden? He just left Riley in the dirt.

She was going to show him exactly what he missing out on. She ditched the mesh top and hung it on one of the hooks near the door, praying it wouldn't get stolen or vomited on (it was a really cute top, you couldn't blame her). She spotted Stiles amongst the crowd, seeing as he was dressed in a striped shirt with no paint and he was dancing ridiculously; it wasn't hard to spot. She walked down the steps and pushed her way through the crowd, determined to talk to Stiles and to also get some paint on her.

"Stiles!" She yelled, grabbing his arm and putting her head close to his. "Want to get some body paint?"

He looked at her, stopping his embarrassing dance moves at once and briefly nodded with a large smile on his face. She grabbed his wrist and dragged him through the crowd, coming to a stop at the table with the lady, completely waving off Isaac and Allison. Riley adjusted her crop top so it didn't slip off of her boobs and have an (un)fortunate accident and turned to Stiles, glancing at Isaac who was looking in her direction. Riley smiled and grabbed the hem of Stiles' shirt, pulling it up and over his head. Stiles smiled back, unsure of how to respond. The tension between the two was awkward, to say the least, for the last couple of days ever since they did the deed. Was the reason why she had been ignoring him was because he left before she woke up? In all honesty, the reason why Stiles woke up is because he was having a nightmare and was on the verge of screaming. He didn't want to wake her up with his terrors, so he quickly got dressed, tucked her in more securely before placing a small and hesitant kiss on her forehead, as if he was doing something wrong. That was the reason he left and he didn't want to tell her; he didn't want her to worry about his inability to sleep because of the terrors he has every single night.

"What do you want?" Riley asked, picking up a brush as she looked at Stiles expectantly. He shrugged, looking around at the other people for ideas. He spotted Isaac's face, which had a cool collection of lines of different colours with blocking and curves at the ends. Isaac was still watching them, and now was Allison. She looked almost embarrassed.

"Isaac looks cool!" Stiles replied, and Riley's smile dropped as she forced herself not to roll her eyes. Instead, she had a forced smile on as her head snapped towards Isaac, who was distracted by Riley instead of painting Allison. Riley shrugged, returning her face to Stiles and taking a step forward, gently cupping his cheek in her hand as she started to paint the other side, similar to Isaac's, but not quite. No, hers was much better, only because she was the one who did it.

"Done." She smiled, after having painted patterns and swirls on his face as well as his chest and abdomen. By the time she started on his chest, Isaac and Allison had walked off. Isaac looked tense, and that was what she wanted. She smiled deviously as she handed him the brush. "My turn."

It did not take long for Stiles to paint a beautiful, flowing pattern all across Riley's body which joined up to the imperfect lines on the side of her face and down her spine. He had dotted her spine all the way to her lower back, and added some very cool angel wings on her shoulder blades. At least, that was what Stiles had described it to her. When she went over to the large window that spread across the entirety of the 4 metre high wall, she looked into her reflection and laughed at the 'very cool angel wings'; they looked like little toddler drawings of inaccurate and asymmetrical butterfly wings with cute little dots and swirls on every wing.

"I'm impressed." Riley joked, turning back to Stiles and smirking at him. He laughed back.

"Thank you. You know I never really excelled in art class." He confessed, to which Riley responded by taking his hand and taking him into the middle of the dance floor, as the two danced to the heavy beat of the loud music. Stiles noticed that she occasionally glanced around, as if she was looking for someone.

"Who are you looking for?" He asked loudly, leaning closer so that she could hear him. She was caught by surprise and almost stopped her generic dance move.

"No one. I was just - admiring the art on some people." She lied, the loud music enabling her to tell a lie without Stiles hearing any difference in her voice. He nodded, accepting this as a legitimate answer and decided to be smooth.

"You're the only art I admire." He replied, and Riley smiled at him. That was pretty bad, she had to admit, but at least he tried to take advantage of the opportunity. Besides, she wasn't there to criticize his shitty moves - she was there to actually have fun. Fun! In the midst of everything; sounds practical. The music was getting louder and so were the people, as they all anticipated the drop of the beat. The short pause came, the small set lyrics went past, and everyone jumped to the sound of the beat dropping. It wasn't the only thing that dropped, though; Stiles' keys had fallen out of his pocket as he jumped and Riley bent down to pick them up. She glanced at them, seeing a key with a green, glowing fingerprint on it.

"Did you touch your keys after you painted me?" She asked loudly, handing them back as he frowned at the out of place key.

"No, I don't think--" He paused. Everything about him paused; his whole body froze up in realization as a wave of something hard had hit him.

"Stiles, are you alright?" She asked, stopping her swaying as she put her hand on his arm. He held the key up, looking at the stained one then shoving them in his pocket in a hurry. He took Riley's wrist and gently removed it from his arm, but it was all rushed.

"I'm really sorry. I have to go. I don't want to go, I'm really enjoying my time here with you - um, my time at this party, I mean, and uh - I'm so sorry, I have to go." Stiles babbled, almost taking off until Riley grabbed his wrist. They both paused, then Riley grabbed his face and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm enjoying it too." She replied, and let the boy run off to his duties. What was he up to now?