3. unwilling

All of the students in Ms. Blake's English class were allowed to go home early because of the traumatising event. She hoped that no one with a bird phobia was in there, or else they may be mentally scarred for life. Riley thought how lucky Scott was not to experience that, but then again, he has probably experienced worse.

After they were dismissed and the kids called up their parents, Stiles instead called up Scott and Riley lied that she was getting a ride with Stiles' dad after he was done at the school taking statements and offering counselling.

"We got a serious problem at the school, Ms. Blake's class-" Stiles started, but Scott quickly cut him off.

"Hey, can you tell me about it later?" He asked, and Stiles and Riley rolled their eyes at the same time.

"Well, no, I think this qualifies for immediate discussion." He replied sarcastically. God, Riley loved that about him. Not in a romantic way, obviously, more of a friendly, adorable way.

"Alright then, meet me at Derek's." Scott said, and Stiles was taken aback. He looked at Riley with a frown then looked back at the phone.

"Derek's house? What the hell are you doing at--?"

"Just meet us there, okay?" He interrupted again, and hung up the phone. Stiles sighed and shoved his phone in his pocket as he looked at Riley.

"I guess we're going to Derek's house then." He said, and jumped into his Jeep. Riley wasn't a particular fan of leaving her car in the school parking lot, so the two agreed that they would both drive their own cars up to the preserve to Derek's nasty old charred house. Yes, it had sentimental value to him, but still, can't they just meet at his apartment instead of his burnt house? The ride there was lonely, Riley admitted that, but at least she didn't have to listen to Stiles bitch about Scott the whole way there. She just wanted to hurry up and get to Derek's house to see what the fuss was about so she could go see Isaac at the hospital again.

However, the thing that surprised her was that he was already at Derek's when she got there. He was laying on a long table with a blanket covering him, passed out cold. Riley's mind rushed to negative conclusions and the only thing she saw was Isaac not at the hospital and not getting the medication he needs to heal from that alpha wound.

"Derek, what the hell? What did you do to him? Why did you take him from the hospital?" She yelled, pushing him. Well, she tried to push him, but since he was basically a wall, it was pretty near impossible to do with her poor strength.

"Relax Riley, I'm helping him. He would have been killed in that hospital if it wasn't for me and Scott." He snapped, trying to defend himself. He had a handful of wolfsbane flowers in his hands and she wondered what he was going to do.

"Oh yeah? Now what are you going to do? Finish him off with some wolfsbane? I swear to God if you touch him, I'm going to rip your wolf head off." She threatened lowly, her eyes turning into a sharp metallic colour. By staring into his eyes, Derek found himself changing uncontrollably. His eyes bore a bright red as he was painfully forced into shifting.

"Riley-- Stop!" Derek begged, as Scott and Stiles watched in shock. Derek's hand gripped onto Riley's forearm, displaying his long claws grazing her skin.

"Riley, what are you doing?" Scott asked. He attempted to run over to her, but Stiles opted against it.

"Maybe a werewolf shouldn't confront her at the moment." Stiles informed, and he walked over and put his hand on her shoulder. "Riley, it's okay. He's saving him. He will die without Derek." Stiles had no idea what to do, but hopefully she didn't rage at him as well and try to kill him.