73

A/N: Jbsbjsjkf aah thanks for 30k holy shit!!

It was Christmas and Michael didn't think he had plans, but his parents had Jeremy leave the house because they claimed that they wanted to spend time with him. Neither of them bought the excuse, but they knew better than to disobey Michael's parents. Because of this, Jeremy left, leaving Michael with his family.

So, Michael sat under their puny Christmas tree with his family, unwrapping socks and a notepad. It's not like he wasn't grateful, he was always surprised his family even bothered to get him anything, but he always got the same two things every single year.

Yeah, he did wear socks, plus Michael filled up the notebooks with notes and little doodles. However, Michael simply wished he and his family were closer. All he wanted was to share some passion with them, just one middle ground between their separate interests, creating some similarity. Alas, his family never tried to make this a reality. Granted, Michael didn't really attempt to create a bond either, so it wasn't completely their fault, but whenever Michael was at his house without Jeremy, he just felt so lonely.

Now, Michael loved being alone when he was in the mood for it. He really loved to just lie on his bed and read without any distractions, but being alone and being lonely are two different things.

When he's in the mood to be alone, Michael is wrapped up in a moment of pure serenity. If he is in this mood, he tends not to want people to talk to him. He's perfectly content in his head as he reads or daydreams whilst staring out of the window.

There are things that get Michael into this mood, such as rain and thunder or the feeling of a warm mug on his cold hands. Michael absolutely loved this.

However, when he was lonely, a feeling of emptiness starts in Michael's heart, quickly branching out, stretching every which way.

Amidst the loneliness that completely settles into all of Michael's being, a subtle sense of dread floats around, dangling in front of Michael in a taunting way.

Then, Michael remembers things. One by one, his regrets creep out of his head, piling up steadily. This leads to a heavy amount of anxiety and most of the time, a panic attack.

Most of the panic attacks were minor, but currently Michael was thinking about how he knows that his family doesn't care. A part of him doubted that fact, but a majority of his being agreed.

So, Michael panicked.

He was shaking a bit, clenching his eyes tight as he continued to be enveloped in emptiness. He waited for the panic attack to wash over, which took forever. At last, the bulk of it did eventually fade away, but he still had a layer of worry in his mind.

Thankfully, Jeremy texted him then, distracting Michael from his thoughts momentarily.

Player 2 💕: Will your family let you come over to mine tomorrow?

Michael: Dunno, I'll ask.

Michael went upstairs and asked his parents, who didn't agree straight away. After some bargaining, they said they would let him. He did have to wash the dishes for a week for 'abandoning them,' but he thought it was worth it.

Michael: They said yes, but you better love me. Stuck with dishes for the week.

Player 2 💕: Oh hush, you know I love you.

Michael: Yeah, yeah. It's just nice to hear.

Michael: Or should I say... Heere.

Player 2 💕: Michael, if I had a dollar for each time you've made that pun, I'd be able to buy a slushie factory.

Michael: Hit me up with the slushies, man!

Player 2 💕: Ugh, you're such a dork.

As much as Jeremy wanted to stay on his phone and talk to his boyfriend, he had to formulate a plan, and fast.

He had to figure out a way to top the gift Michael had given him for Hanukkah by tomorrow.

This would not be an easy thing to do.