80

Sadie stopped at her house first, but instantly regretted it.

For one, her house was surrounded by fluorescent yellow caution tape, as well as stray flowers probably from neighbors.

Despite not wanting to, Sadie ducked under the tape, walking towards the front door which was surprisingly unlocked. She made her way through the first room in the house, the living room, and saw that the tv and most of the furniture was gone. "Of course," Sadie sighed, combing her fingers through her hair.

Expensive colored glasses and ceramic plates were broken in the kitchen and all of the food was gone. It was clear that someone broke in, but Sadie almost didn't care at this point. She'd end up in prison for a while, so it's not like she had to cover the costs yet.

She walked upstairs and her stomach churned as she walked in her room. The wooden desk her grandfather made for her was stained with dark blood, covering at least a fourth of the table. The white carpets were also stained, leaving an ugly burgundy color in it's wake.

Sadie gagged at the hint of a putrid smell in that room and realized that was enough. So she turned back and slammed the door, one or two tears falling down her face.

Funnily enough, her mom's room maintained untouched. Maybe the robbers felt sympathetic, which was extremely ironic.

Sadie walked outside, quickly able to pry her eyes away from her house.

"Never again," she muttered under her breath, starting the car.

The prison was a few towns over, which was both good and bad for Sadie.

Nerves were creating a painful sting in her stomach as she drove farther and farther away from the place she once called home. On the other hand, the long drive gave her more time to appreciate her surroundings, even if it was only for a little bit.

So, she plugged in her mp3 player into the aux and drove, trying with all of her might to focus on the road.

As much as she usually hated it, Sadie was glad about the traffic caused by a minor car crash up ahead. She wanted to prolong the amount of time before turning herself in as much as possible.

Sadie might have dozed off before the traffic cleared up, but she was awoken with the honks of several cars behind her.

Reluctantly, Sadie put her foot back on the pedal and made her way. There was only one town left before she arrived, and it was the smallest one.

Sadie's breath began to shake as she drummed her fingers anxiously on the leather fabric covering the steering wheel.

As she arrived by the prison, she parked at a nearby lot, almost falling flat on her face as she opened the car door while she was leaning against it.

There was no going back now.

Sadie walked until she saw the outline of the building, it's silhouette growing closer with each step.

She could make out the ugly gray bricks which were covered in graffiti and moss, just behind the electric fence delicately topped with brand new barbed wire.

She saw the cracked pavement outside of the building and the overgrown, browning grass peeking out of the lining of gray snow.

Sadie walked closer and closer until she could see the address of the building on the front door from about fifty feet ahead.

Sadie took one more step closer when everything happened so fast. Way too fast.

It happened like something out of every generic action movie, though Sadie wasn't able to comprehend what was happening.

A fiery explosion knocked Sadie back, and her head audibly cracked as it hit the cold cement.

The grass around her lit up in flames, many sirens wailing in the difference.

The bricks that were blown off of the building were scattered across the scene, partially crumbled.

But Sadie couldn't see, feel, or hear anything.

She was already out cold on impact.

A/N: Before this note, there were 666 words satan confirmed. Also, chapters will probably become more infrequent, I start school tomorrow ugh.