19

A/N: hOly crap 2,000 reads?

Apparently, Michael fell asleep in the waiting area of the hospital. He so badly wanted it to be a dream, but his hopes weren't successful.

He was awoken by the same doctor he talked to last night.

"Mr. Mell? You can visit Jeremy now if you want. However, he was put into a medically induced coma for various reasons.

Michael stood up, he just wanted to see his boyfriend again. He followed the doctor who left him alone in the room with Jeremy.

Then, Michael lost it. He started sobbing when he saw how cut up Jeremy was. He knew that Jeremy was always afraid of getting stitches, but now they intricately laced his arms and face. The sight broke Michael's heart.

He was supposed to protect Jeremy and keep him safe. Jeremy needed to be out of harms way but Michael failed him.

However, Michael knew it wasn't his fault entirely. He was scheduled for an interrogation with an officer later that day, so he could maybe get Christine locked up for good. He could only hope.

Michael walked over and grasped onto Jeremy's hand, which was surprisingly warm. He admired his boyfriend's face, trying not to focus on the stitched up cut.

Michael had never really hated anyone before. He thought of Christine as one of the nicer people in school, therefore he supported Jeremy's crush on her.

Christine hurt the one person Michael loved most.

Michael hated Christine.

He was so afraid of losing pretty much the only person he loved. He wouldn't be able to live with himself in a word without Jeremy.

He thought it was pretty selfish, but Michael wanted nothing more than for Jeremy to pull through this, no matter how difficult it might be.

Only a few more days until Michael can see Jeremy's beautiful eyes again.

Over the few weeks of his first and only relationship Michael realized how clingy he actually was. Jeremy was equally as clingy, though, so he enjoyed it.

Of course, Michael didn't know that Jeremy appreciated his clinginess, so he found himself constantly apologizing to Jeremy, who shut him up by kissing him.

God, it's only been a day, but Michael missed feeling Jeremy's lips against his.

-

"Michael Mell, I'm here to question you about the incident regarding Mr. Jeremy Heere."

"Yes sir," Michael responded to the officer. The officer held up a clear plastic bag with a handgun inside. "This was found near the scene."

"Wait... he was shot? I should have listened when they explained what happened!" The police officer was startled by Michael's sudden outburst, but he remained calm.

"Do you know if he had any enemies or..." The police officer trailed off, waiting for Michael to respond.

"Well, Christine Canigula did something similar to me- without the gun- I ended up here as well a few weeks ago because of it. Jeremy uh... Jeremy didn't believe she did it, but he realized after they broke up. She was pretty abusive in their relationship and I don't know if she was like that in her previous one."

"I'm assuming this is the same Christine Canigula who broke out of jail last week?"

"Broke out? She told everyone at school she was bailed out!"

"She was back at school?" Michael responded,  "Yeah, she came back last Thursday, she was acting normal around us, so I assumed she wouldn't do anything like it again. I guess people don't change, do they?"

"Alright, Mr. Mell. I think we have all of the information we need. Thank you for your time."

-

Michael consistently visited Jeremy over the course of the next few days, rarely leaving the hospital. Jeremy almost flatlined once, which was pretty traumatizing on Michael's part, but Jeremy pulled through.

Michael stood next to Jeremy's bed again on Tuesday, grasping onto his hand. He felt a light squeeze on his own hand, making his heart skip a beat.

Jeremy's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Michael?" Jeremy's eyes widened.

"Why am I not dead?"

A/N: Short, but I've had writers block all day so... enjoy!