38

Today was finally the day both Michael and Jeremy had been waiting for for about two months now. Every one of Jeremy's friends were over at Michael's house a while before he was planning on leaving to pick up Jeremy at the hospital, so he stayed to help.

Michael and his friends spent over an hour setting up for Jeremy's arrival, strewing balloons and streamers around the house.

Every person there came over carrying a plethora of snacks and desserts, which ended up scattered across the counter tops.

To top it all off, Rich brought a giant banner to hang up in the front hallway which read, "Welcome back, Tall-Ass!" Michael couldn't help but to hysterically laugh at the sign. He honestly didn't know what he should've expected from Rich.

"Tall-Ass? I haven't heard that name in years!" As he said it, Michael dragged out the word years for far too long, adding to the effect of the already incredibly overdramatic sentence, which made everyone else burst out laughing as well. Almost everybody, that is, considering Sadie didn't understand the joke and just rolled  her eyes before typing on her phone.

Sadie wasn't usually like this, but Michael was starting to regret inviting her.

Before he left, Michael passed out those annoying noisemakers to everyone- which he soon realized was a mistake, but he just rolled his eyes at his immature friends.

Once Michael went over the plan with everyone for the millionth time, he got into his car and drove to the hospital.

Michael shared a quick smile with the receptionist before signing in. He walked into the elevator, which opened immediately- almost shocking Michael. He usually had to wait for a few minutes for the elevator to arrive.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, Michael made his way to the hospital room, almost knocking on the wrong door before he reached Jeremy's room. "Come in," an abundantly cheerful voice piped up from inside the room. Michael laughed before he entered.

He hasn't seen Jeremy this happy in a long time.

"You ready?" Jeremy nodded eagerly before a nurse had him sign some papers. After all of that, which took way longer than expected, they were on their way.

They also could've been running late due to the fact that they ended up making out in the car for a few minutes, but they just went with the check-out reasoning.

Before Michael started driving towards his house, he texted the group chat and alerted them that he was on his way.

Somehow, Jeremy managed to finish all of his late work. Not even he knew how he did it, but the feeling of confusion was washed over with excitement.

During the ride, Michael decided something to make Jeremy even happier- if that was manageable. "So... how about a date tonight?"
Jeremy couldn't contain his excitement at the request. He knew it wasn't their first date, but it was the first one in a while where he was able to play video games with Michael until early in the morning afterwards. That was one of the things Jeremy missed the most.

Jeremy pretty much skipped out of the car to Michael's front door, which was usually locked when Michael left the house, but he just assumed Michael forgot to lock it.

Jeremy twisted the doorknob and yelped in surprise as all of his friends jumped out, blowing noisemakers.

He looked up at the banner, laughing before he was embraced by a group hug. He hugged his friends back before making eye contact with the unfamiliar girl. She walked over and introduced herself as Sadie, and that was that.

As Jeremy chowed down on some pizza, he noticed that Sadie kept staring at him.

Michael happened to notice this too, and being the slightly overprotective boyfriend he was, he just squeezed Jeremy's hand tighter.

He also noticed that the first few times Sadie stared at Jeremy it was almost menacing, but the last few times, something changed in her emotions.

Usually Michael was pretty good at reading others people's emotions, but at this moment, it couldn't be more difficult.

A/N: Oh boy, another short chapter. I might upload a new one later depending on when I get back to my hotel.