"Ah the pool!" said Mabel cheerfully. "Sparkling oasis of Summer enchantment!"

"Not to mention kid pee" said (y/n).

"Yeah, nothing like sitting in a moist tub with strangers" said Stan. "It's like the bus, but wet."

"Took the words right out of my mouth" said (y/n).

Dipper was looking at the towel that Soos was holding, which had a picture of a sun wearing sunglasses on it and green lettering at the bottom that said 'Summer Fun.'

"Why would a sun need sunglasses?" Dipper questioned.

"It's best not to think about it" said Soos.

Suddenly, Mabel halted to a stop.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" she exclaimed. "Stop the presses! Who's...that?" she said lovingly, her eyes becoming huge and sparkly with admiration.

She was looking at a tan boy with a long nose and a seashell necklace around his neck, who looked around their age, with long dark brown hair that was flowing in the wind.

"Oh yeah" said Soos, shoving some more chips into his mouth. "Word is dude never leaves the pool. People say he's a mysterious loner" he said, leaning into Mabel's ear. Her eyes got even huger, if that was even possible.

"Mabel, that dude has hair that is longer than yours" said (y/n) in exasperation.

"But it's so...fabulous!" said Mabel. Is it getting hot out here, or is it just, that guy?"

"It's the hottest day of the year, Mabel" said Dipper, as Soos's chip crumbs started to fall onto his hat. "Besides, can't you go for one week without having a new crush on some random guy?"

"Uh uh" said Mabel, shaking her head. She suddenly gasped in amazement.

"Look at his little mustache hairs!"

"Ew" said (y/n). "He looks like he's our age. He's not supposed to have any facial hair."

Dipper nodded.

"Agreed" he said, but (y/n) suspected that he might only be agreeing with her because he didn't have any facial hair himself.

Soos wrapped his arm around Mabel.

"You are clearly enamored" he said, his mouth covered in chip flavoring. "Go to him."

Mabel didn't hesitate. She took off in a full sprint towards the pool, tripping over a bucket, jumping over people laying down in beach chairs, and knocking over a bin of beach balls.

"She's so beautiful!" said Soos.

"Eh, Mabel's all talk" said Dipper. "You wanna know a secret? She's never even kissed a guy before. She always messes it up somehow."

"And what's wrong with that?" said (y/n). "Have you ever kissed a girl before?"

Dipper blushed and scratched the back of his head, not wanting to answer that question.

"Dipper, we've twelve years old. None of us should even be dating, let alone kissing people."

"Why, (y/n) Pines! What a lovely surprise to find your acquaintance here!"

(y/n)'s eyes widened in shock for a brief moment, but they were quickly replaced with an expression of annoyance.

It was none other than Nathaniel Northwest V.

He was wearing navy swim trunks and a white rash guard, and his signature smug look plastered across his face.

"Yes, I'm shaking in excitement" replied (y/n) irritably. "Normally, I'd electrocute the crap out of you, but seeing as I'm currently unarmed, it looks like I'll have to beat you to a pulp with my bare hands instead."