Tourist Trapped

"Ah! Summer break! A time for leisure, recreation, and taking her easy..." 

CRASH!!! 

"...unless you're me."

Three kids in a golf cart screaming burst through a sign that says "Gravity Falls."

A boy with brown hair wearing a brown star hat is driving at the wheel, while a girl in the passenger seat wearing a purple sweater is trying not a puke, and another girl with a ponytail and a bandana is in the back of the golf cart, facing backwards with a blaster in her hands, aiming right at a seemingly menacing threat that seems to be gaining with them.

"My name is Dipper. The girl next to me about to puke is my triplet sister, Mabel, and the girl behind me who looks like she wants to kill something is my other triplet sister, (y/n). You may be wondering what we're doing in a golf cart fleeing from a creature of unimaginable horror.

The creature thrusts a tree in front of the golf cart's path, and the golf cart starts to swerve to the side.

"Rest assure, there's a perfectly logical explanation."

"Let's rewind. It all began when our parents decided we could use some fresh air."

Dipper is playing a video game while Mabel is hugging a cat upstairs when suddenly...

BOOM!!!!

The entire house shakes, and (y/n) emerges shortly afterwards from the basement covered in black ash, holding a wrench in one hand and a match in the other.

"And also to get (y/n) out of their hair for the Summer."

"Anyways, they shipped up up North to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon to live with our uncle in the woods. My sister, Mabel, tended to look on the bright side of things."

"Yay! Grass!" Mabel says happily as she rolls down a hill.

"And my other sister, (y/n), tended to get into more than her fair share of trouble."

"This place is awesome! All this space around means that I can build anything I want! And it's perfect for the occasional explosion!" (y/n) says as she rides a metal board with rocket boosters welded to the end of it. She loses control, however, and dives off the board just before it crashes into a tree and explodes.

She dives into a somersault to soften her landing. "I'm ok!"

"It seemed that I was the only one who was having a miserable time. I was having a hard time getting used to our new surroundings."

Dipper is reading a book while a woodpecker is pecking at his hat when a man in a mask suddenly yells

"BOO!"

"Aaah!" Dipper yelps.

"Ah hahahaha!" The man pulls off his mask, revealed to be Grunkle Stan, but his laughter turns into coughing. "Was worth it."

"Our uncle had transformed his house into a tourist trap he called the Mystery Shack. The real mystery was why anyone came."

"And guess who had to work there?"

While Dipper sweeps, Mabel tries to touch an eyeball display, but her hand is whacked away by Grunkle Stan's cane. "No touching the merchandise!" he scolds, but (y/n) touches the eyeball anyways defiantly.

"It looked like it was going to be the same boring routine all Summer, until one day..."

Time skip back the the present