The abuse

It's been 10 years since that horrible night. Dad hasn't gotten any better, his emotions clouded his good will. Now he just abuses me and haunts children in their dreams. I mean he already did that back then but now he just targets them and give them nightmares to the point some of them hurt themselves. I'm no better but in my heart, I know this is wrong and I know mother would be disappointed in me. I'm currently flying into a nearby neighborhood looking for children who are awake.

The moon shined down upon the land as if its keeping watch over it. But no one is safe from me, over the years dad had trained me so I could become strong. He would push me beyond my breaking point. I'm glad he did though, because I want to find those sick freaks who killed my innocent mother. I was interrupted by a light coming through a window. I flew down and peaked through, inside was a little girl watching TV. Clearly, she should be in bed by now, it's literally 11:30.

"Oh look at the naughty little girl, she might end up on the naughty list this Christmas" I said smirking and turned into a shadow. I slipped through the cracks under the window and went into a corner in her room. She looked about at least 10 years old "hm since your up how about I give you a fright" I said while creepily smiling while making a shadow ball and shot it at the TV. When it seeped inside it made a scary decomposing face appear on the screen.

The little girl screamed and turned the TV off. I felt a surge of power course through me. Fear. The room became dark, the little girl was panting. I looked her in the eye and searched her soul to find her greatest fear. "Hm seems like your afraid of spiders, that's great" I said and turned back into my normal form. The little looked at the dark corner I was in but all she got in return was piercing yellow eyes. She yelped and grabbed her covers and began crying. The fear felt so good. I held my hand out to release thousands of poisonous spiders. All of their eyes shined a deep red.
The little girl took the covers off of her and looked around. She froze when she saw bitty little eyes staring at her. I snapped my fingers making the spiders jump on her. She screamed as they bit her everywhere. My fun time was over when frightened and alarmed parents rushed inside her room. They searched the room their expression became confused as they didn't see anything.

"Sweety what's wrong" the mother said. Hm mother. I made the mother look like her eyes were gone and that she was leaking blood on the girl's bed. The little girl looked up and screamed at the sight of her mother. Then I felt a pang a pang of guilt so I made the illusions disappear. That's right it was all fake. The mother calmed the little girl down as the father searched every space in her room. I turned into a shadow and slipped back out of her room

I have to remind myself that if I don't do this father will be disappointed in me. I flew around and did a couple more houses then went home. I opened the door to meet angry eyes piercing into mine.

"Hello father" I said fiddling with my hands.

"How many houses did you go to" he said ignoring my friendly gesture.

"About 6 father" I said averting my eyes to the floor. He put his finger on my forehead looking through my memory. He suddenly smacked me across the face making me fall to the floor. I held my cheek in pain while holding in my tears.

"Don't feel pity towards those humans!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry father" I said looking down. His angry demeanor changed to one with sorrow.

"I'm sorry y/n it's that I'm just trying to toughen you up so nothing in this world can break you down" he said and grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"I know father " I said before walking away to my room. I crawled into bed and sniffled a bit before falling asleep to a dreamless night.