PART 14: BARGAIN

Arvin looked at himself. The thing kneeling in front of him looked exactly like him but its eyes were red.
"Im not a thing. No need to be rude."
Arvin stared at him.
"Ok. Youre not to talkative. Right. Im youre vamparism. I am essentially a split personality that you created because you are to weak to contain me. I'm what takes over when you lose yourself. I understand thats alot to take in and I dont care. Now your friend is going to die. She is a vampire but she can still die. If that scythe pierces her heart she will die. I also dont care about that. But you do. And therein the problem lies. If she dies you might go crazy and end up dying yourself and if you die I die. So this one time I will take over, save whats her face and then allow you to take back control. No strings attached. Deal ?"
Arvin looked at Arvin and nodded.

All at once the world began to speed up and the creature pulled the scythe out of Noras chest, sending a jet of blood up into the air. Arvin stood and rolled his neck. He hated having to barter with himself just to stand in the real world. But it gave him a chance to stretch his legs and have some fun. He looked at the thing and called out to it.
"Hello. Im kinda tired of not knowing your name.."
The thing turned and looked at him.
"My name is Vlakevixus. Faithul disciple of Vlakevix."
"Ok."
He sniggered.
"What amuses you ?"
"Nothing, its just that name...... It really sucks."
Vlakevixus flew forward and swung the scythe towards his neck. Arvin ducked under the swing and blurred past Vlakevixus and scooped Nora up. He turned as the scythe came spinning towards him. He put Nora down and stepped to the side, the scythe flew past him and buried itslef in the wall. Arvin turned and looked into the room he had been in and saw Erlas curled up in the corner and Orvar still sleeping. He sighed and grabbed the scythe out of the wall and turned to look at Vlakevixus as he came charging towards him. He stepped back and swung the scythe into his face. It slid into his eye and he roared as he swung his fist into Arvins chest, sending him sliding acriss the ground. Vlakevixus began to turn back into his priest form as Arvin pushed himself up to his knees. He stood up and walked over to Vlakevixus and knelt in front of him.
"Right. Now whats your name. I refuse to beleive that your parents named you Vlakevixus. Unless they were unsettlingly hopeful."
"My name is Emar." He said inbetween sobs of pain.
"Cool." Arvin said as he pulled the scythe out of Emars eye and beheaded him with it. He walked back over to where he had set Nora down and picked her up. The world tilted and he fell to one knee. He put Nora down again and clasped his hands around his head. It wasn't time to go back in yet. He still had some fun to have. The pain got worse and he retreated back into Arvins head. Arvin shook his head and looked around. He saw Nora laying on the ground covered in blood and saw a corpse with its head a few meters away. Erlas staggered out of the churches wall and whirled on him.
"YOU BASTARD ! WHY DID YOU KILL HIM ? HE COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED ! HE WAS JUST A BOY !"
Erlas was red with anger and was shaking. Arvin stared at him in stunned silence.
"I did that ?"
Erlas gasped and went a deeper shade of red.
"GO ! TAKE YOUR DAMN PRINCE AND GO. IF I EVER SEE EITHER OF YOU AGAIN I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF."
With that Erlas sunk to his knees and began to sob.
Arvin stood on shaky legs and carried Nora over to their cart. He arranged everything so that the journey would be comfortable for her and went to fetch Orvar. When he walked in Orvar was sleeping soundly, as if the whole battle hadn't happened. Arvin picked him up and lay him in the cart. He walked round and got on the front and began to steer it away. He had the feeling that that wouldn't be the last he would see of Erlas.