0.1

phil

i groaned, feeling the hot water hit my back. today was the beginning of a new era, or in a less melodramatic way of putting it, the first day of school.

a common misconception with the first day of school is that the students are the only ones bothered with having to wake up early in the morning. that's definitely an untrue statement, for i, frankly like my sleep.

i was the english teacher for MCHS, or in other words, Manchester City High School. (i have no idea if that's an actual school, i literally made it up.) this was my first year teaching there, so obviously i didn't want to fuck it up.

surprisingly enough, i'm the youngest teacher there, 21 years old, which i hope will get me on the students' good side. i know 21 is fairly young, almost impossible for a teacher, but i'm turning 22 in january, and just so happened to have gotten my degree earlier than anticipated.

anyway, i'm teaching year 11, and from what i've heard, they're not that terrible to handle. the main problems are with the freshmen who think they have a newfound freedom, or the seniors who feel like they can rule the world.

i reached up to get my infamous black cherry body wash, don't judge me, i like smelling good. i lathered it up in my palms and massaged it into my shoulders and spread it on the rest of my body. the added charcoal warmed me up which was a good thing considering i was starting to feel cold not being under the mildly scalding spray of water.

after my shower, i dried and flat ironed my hair as usual. i then picked out a non creased white button up and some black skinnies. after that, i grabbed my phone and made my way to the kitchen to get some cinnamon flavoured coffee, seriously one of the best things ever, and headed out the door.

i got to school 30 minutes before the students, which was expected of me by the faculty. i made sure my room was aesthetically pleasing, and yes, i'm that teacher. if i was sat in a room all day, i might as well make it look nice.

by then, 25 minutes had gone by and the students would start making their way to their homerooms by now. i felt only slightly anxious, meeting my first homeroom as a teacher ever, but then again, it's not like i would have them for very long, unless they happened to have me again in their schedules.

students began piling in the classroom, and i greeted them one by one as they entered through the door. they all decided to sit in the back, which was kind of expected. what i didn't expect, however, was a tall brunet to make his way to the centre front, which just so happened to be in line with my desk. this student was bold, i like that.