Wes puts his hand on mine and moves my chin to make me look at him. "You're going to do great. Just look at me, okay?"

I look at him for a while, wondering how that's supposed to be helpful. However, the more I look at his eyes, the more ease that rushes over me. I finally nod my head and smile. I get out of the car and follow Wes to Ford's garage, where he is already on the piano getting ready to play. Dan is behind the drums. This is really happening. It's okay Haylee. You got it.

"Haylee!" Ford exclaims, happy as ever, as I walk in the garage.

For the past few days i've hung out with Ford since we're in so many classes together. Chatted in the halls here and there and even at lunch when I manage to catch him. He's honestly a really entertaining person and so nice to me.

I wave to him with a shy smile. "Hi."

He looks at me funny but smirks. "Are you nervous?"

I look around realizing all the attention is in me but I nod a little anyways.

"Don't be. We're just doing some covers so you get used to playing with us and then you and Wes write songs." he says simply.

"Wait what? I don't know how to write songs." i say taken back a little.

Jase laughs. "You don't wite the notes, just the lyrics. You'll be fine. Wes will help you."

I glance at Wes who shoots me a smile that somehow puts me at ease. God, he's so beautiful. Everything he does could put me at ease. No don't even think about it  Haylee. We have a date with Mason on Saturday. Right, how could I forget?

"Okay, I think I can do this."

***

"You did amazing." Dan says to me and I smile sheepishly. I honestly don't think I'm that great of a singer. I'm not saying that just to get attention. I'm saying that because it's the honest to god truth.

"I don't think so." It's the end of practice. I managed to get through the hour we practiced and did quite well actually.

"Yours and Wesley's voices sound really good together. They match perfectly." Jack says.

"We'll work on lyrics when we get back home." Wes says to me as i pop my last jolly rancher in my mouth.

"Okay." i say. "Bye Ford. Bye dan."

"Bye Hay!" Ford calls and i laugh.

Jase, Jack, Wes and I get into the car. I get in the front and Wes settles into the drivers seat as i immediately start fiddling with the stations until I find one I like and sing softly to myself as it plays. I catch Wes glances at me every now and then but I don't say anything.

He pulls into the driveway and we all usher ourselves and the gear inside.

"Sis!" Everleigh calls as soon as I walk in and jumps into my arms. I hold her on my hip and smile at her. The little girl has way more energy than I ever did at this age.

"Hey Ever."

"Can you take me to my dance class?" she asks as the boys come in.