Chapter 22) Waiting For The Morning

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Kate's POV: I blinked my eyes open wearily, and almost got up from where I lay, until I saw Peso, Eelean, and Tunip all around me. I chuckled slightly at how we lay before silently and carefully removing myself from our little pile. Peso shifted slightly, but didn't wake up. Good. He could use his rest.

Still I couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go horribly wrong, and I immediately felt guilty for resting, though I did need it. I slowly, quietly, left the room, leaving the others to rest.

The Captains smiled when they saw me awake. "Hey," I asked. "Did anything happen while I was sleeping?" I asked. Captain Barnacles shook his head, and Captain Selene responded.

"No, nothing of interest. Why do you ask?" She replied. I shook my own head. Maybe I was just being paranoid. But still, I couldn't shake my unease.

"I guess I'm just worried. I think I'll keep watch as well a little bit. Or head back to the lobby and see if there's anything we missed."

The Captains didn't look so sure, but they eventually agreed, as long as I promised to come back at the slightest hint of something wrong. "As long as it doesn't take me completely off guard, I will." I replied honestly before heading toward the lobby.

So I headed to the lobby, but what I saw was in no way what I expected. Because, in the lobby, I saw two grown cats, one a ginger tabby, one completely silver. Though I barely got a chance to know them, I recognized them instantly. But it couldn't be....

My parents are supposed to be dead!

isobeljones2000

Barnacles's POV: Derek wasn't yet asleep, he was whimpering softly, obviously sensing the danger of this place that made my fur prickle. Selene held him in her arms, and she looked like she wanted to say something, but didn't.

"Go on," I prompted her. "You can say anything to me."

Instead of speaking, like I assumed she was going to, Selene hesitated for a moment, then began to sing softly to Derek, her eyes lowered.

'Like a chest of hidden gold

Shimmers in the depths below

We are, we are, the treasures that they hide

Like the sun that saves the night

Bursting through a darkened sky

We are, we are, soldiers of the light

And we will glow

Oh, oh, oh

So let them build their righteous

Tower

Our blazing hearts will burn it down

We are, we are, soldiers of the light

And we will glow

Oh, oh, oh

We are fire, we are fire

And our love will burn

The flame will never die

We are brighter, we are brighter

Lets show 'em how we light up

Tonight

And we will glow