I Died

Cato thrusts forward and cuts open Marvel's leg, making him fall to the ground.

"Marvel!" I yell in worry and rush over to them.

"You did that on purpose!" I scream at Cato. He looks completely frazzled and confused.

"Clover, I-" He tries to explain before I cut him off.

"No! No, it wasn't an accident! Someone finally asks me on a date and you have to hurt him! You're a monster!" I yell, immediately realizing the harshness in the words I have said.

Peacekeepers are run in from all directions. Cato's eyes fill with tears. He looks at me, shakes his head and walks away. Why did I say that to him? He's not the monster. I am. The Peacekeepers place Marvel on a stretcher and carry him away. Cato walks out and I run after him. When I reach the door that leads to the hallway, I close it behind me and I run into Cato. Surprisingly, he's standing right infront of me. He grabs my face and kisses me passionately.

He forgives me. He pulls away and says nothing. He is staring at me dead in the eyes, and out of nowhere, he smiles. Only then I realize that I am pinned against the door.

"I'm sorry, Cato. I didn't mean what I said." I apologize. He still doesn't answer, instead he kisses me again, putting his hand on the door right above my shoulder. I feel him smiling.
He tricked me didn't he? He pretended to be sad, knowing I would run after him. Then he'd get to kiss me again. I feel around the door for the handle while we are still in the middle of a passionate kiss. When I find it, I twist it and open the door, making sure to move out of the way. This sends Cato flat on his face. I can not stop laughing. He hurries and gets back to his feet before anyone notices. He looks at me with anger in his eyes. Immediately, I bolt before he can get revenge. I look behind me at Cato, running after me. His smile fades and he yells;

"Clove, stop!"

Then everything goes black.

~

"Clove! Clove!" My eyes open, everything is blurry. The room looks like it's spinning. Cato is leaning over me, but that's about all I can see.

"Help!" He screams. I am on the floor, I feel warm blood streaming down my face. I can barley see it, but Cato is crying, tears fall down his face.

"Clover, stay with me." He pleads. He is crying really hard and places his hand on around mine. Then it goes dark again.

~

My eyes open. There is white everywhere. I look around, there is a big white castle with a golden gate.

"Come, child." A man appears wearing white with a purple sash. It's Jesus. He leads me to the gate. I feel no pain, I feel safe. But I spot darkness slowly rising and growing closer in the horizon.

"You must run, child." He says. The darkness is now completely covering the castle. I start running, but it catches up to me. And everything goes black again.

~

I slowly open my eyes. I'm in a hospital room. Cato is sitting in the chair next to the bed I'm in. He is crying, sobbing actually into his hands. When I move even the slightest muscle in my hand, my head throbs. It really hurts but I try to ignore it. I slowly move my hand over to Cato, I grab his hand and he looks up.

"Clove! Clove, you're alive!" He smiles so big that I can't see his dimples. He jumps out of the chair and kisses me. I open my mouth to talk, but a searing pain sprints across my head again.

"Clove," He is still crying, maybe out of shock. I don't know what happened but I know it was bad. "You died. You died but you're awake!" He wipes away the tears from his cheeks. Finally, I just push past the pain and speak.

"What happened? How long have I been out?" My voice cracks. My throat is so sore and sounds hoarse.

"When we were running, you looked at me. And then you ran into . . . uh," he is having trouble saying it.

"You ran into 6, he had his sword over his shoulder and you ran straight into it. It stabbed you in your head. It's been two days since that happened. Today is the Games," His smile fades. "And you have to fight." His words burn into my brain. I have to fight? I try to sit up, but my head throbs. Cato quickly stands and helps me sit up. Then a nurse comes in.

"Clove? How are you alive?" She checks her note board and looks back at me in utter shock.