The Capital

~

Selina opens the bedroom door.

"We are here! It's amazing how fast we get here! Going two hundred miles an hour! Good thing District 2 is close to the Capital! Alright, get up! Let's go! Put on your nice face, Chive." She smiles.

I grind my teeth, holding back as much anger as I can. She looks at me with a face full of accomplishment. She gets off by calling me the wrong name. I jump off the bed and pin her on the wall, placing my arm over her neck.

"My name is Clove. And when I win the Hunger Games, you won't get any respect from me. I've trained everyday for 7 hours for four years. If I were you, I'd sleep with my eyes open." I threaten.

I give her one final death-stare as Cato pries me off of her. She catches her breath, straightens her dress and walks out in a hurry.

"Clover." Cato says gently, turning me to face him.

I ignore him and stomp out down the hall. He follows me, but not too closely. He knows I need my space.

What is Selina's deal? What the heck is wrong with her? I never did anything wrong. Why does she hate me so much? I bet she thinks I'm getting in the way of her getting close to Cato. And if Cato gives her a good review and President Snow finds out, he will give her a raise and extra special treatment. I can see through her like she's transparent. I know her secret motive. And it will be exposed.

I stomp past Selina and head straight to the window in the main dining car. My mouth falls open as I take a look outside. Thousands of Capital people wearing various bright colors and clown-like makeup are chanting 'District 2!'

As I raise my hand to wave, the crowd cheers even louder. Cato walks up beside me, looking out of the window. I notice a growing concern in the crowds eyes as they look at Cato. The obnoxious cheering quiets down. I get confused and I look at Cato. His face is red and his eyes are bloodshot. The Capital expects District 1 and 2 to be brave and confident. And they dont see that bravery in Cato's eyes They see weakness.

Selina steps up behind us and puts her hands on our backs, pushing us forward. A door opens right infront of us. As it opens, the crowd's cheers raise in my ears. I walk off of the train as the crowd clears a path for us. The people try to stop us for interviews but peacekeepers come and seperate us from them.

When we reach the end of the path, there is a huge silver building and a glass sliding door in front of us. Selina opens the door for herself and it ends up swinging directly into my face. I fall back a little bit but Cato's hand steadies me. I mumble a thank you and walk in.

The inside is huge, it has black and white marble checkered floor and white shiny walls. There are only a few Capital people inside but they don't pay any attention to us, which is nice. Selina leads us to a glass elavator and we walk in. I watch the people through the clear elavator doors. I've never been in an elavator before so I didn't know what to expect. It begins moving upwards. It feels weird but I stay calm so I don't draw attention to myself.

"Every district gets their own floor corresponding to their district number. You get the entire second floor all to yourselves! Isn't that just wonderful!" Selina explains energetically. She acts as if she doesn't hate me, but that makes me even more angry.