Chapter 11: Discovering

Hey, guys! There are two remaining chapters left for me to publish. So thank you for your time and patience. 

Anyways, please read & review! :)

Somewhere in the middle of the forest trees lies a mysterious black-cloaked figure with an orange swirly mask he was wearing, informing what appears to be a white Zetsu. 

"Alas, it seems we've lost Deidara," he said in a low tone of his voice and continued on when he grabbed a piece of his decapitated hand that has a mouth, sticking its tongue out. "I bet he met his demise from death by bombing, Zetsu. There are probably body parts scattered all over the area. Heh heh..."

"You there, drop my hand right now!" A familiar voice yelled out, revealing to be Deidara approaching them. 

"Well, my taste buds do betray me. You're alive!" The mysterious ninja said sarcastically. 

"What happened to the jinchuriki?" The white Zetsu asked curiously.

"I have completed my mission... Hmm?" Deidara noted rhetorically. 

"A close one though, eh Deidara? But at least you're all right. Or perhaps not..." the mysterious ninja guessed slyly.

"Tobi, even the Buddha loses patience eventually. One more word, and there'll be no doubt about the cause of your death, hmm?" Deidara stated in a warning. 

"Ulp! D-death by b-bombing?" Tobi stuttered, pretending to be scared.

"There... That's it," The white Zetsu nodded. 

Suddenly, Deidara strangled Tobi with his legs, saying in frustration. "Death by suffocation!" 

Meanwhile back in the hidden leaf village...

"I have already made arrangements for you to be assigned to Team Kakashi. Not only are you and Naruto Uzumaki close in age. But you're both stronger than your peers and your talent with the brush is simply unsurpassed. From this day forward until your mission is completed, you shall be known as Sai," Danzo officially announced while holding his cane. 

"Ah... Sai, is it?" The new ninja said smirking secretively. 

"When you're in front of me, wipe that fake smile off your face," Danzo scolded strictly. 

"Forgive me, sir. But it was mentioned in the texts that the first step toward winning a person's heart is a smile," Sai explained clearly and continued. "I've been practicing, though... I guess I'm still not very good at facial expressions." 

Inside the Hokage Tower, a few elders were gathered around to discuss a few issues with Tsunade at hand.

"Absolutely not!" She disagreed strongly with her eyes narrowed firmly at them.

"But Tsunade, Naruto is no ordinary child. He is a jinchuriki," the elderly man said truthfully, then further describe. "Normally, we would never even send him outside the village and keep him under surveillance at all times. So we're already offering you a compromise." 

"I'm in favor of using the four-man cell model for his team. However, you cannot impose any more restrictions on Naruto! So long as Naruto remains in one place, all of the people in the leaf village is in danger. Sooner or later, the Akatsuki will come after him and it'll be the sand village incident all over again. Though, a moving target is hardest to hit, which is why we must keep Naruto in the field as long as often as possible," Tsunade said rightfully. 

They all know that the blonde-haired ninja has a talent and will be a great asset to their village. The fifth Hokage tries to argue with the elders based on how much Naruto has gone through in his life. Because of how much she believes in him, there was nothing to worry about what the future outcomes would be. 

"As you wish, then a compromise it is... To honor your faith in him, Naruto shall be allowed to remain on active duty. However, we shall select the additional shinobi who are to join Team Kakashi," the elderly man required with a tired sigh. 

"Done," Tsunade replied in agreement. 

"Enter! Danzo," the elderly woman called out. 

The old crippled man had entered on the door, much to Tsunade's surprise.

"If you're here, then that must mean one of the new team members is from the foundation of the Black Ops," she said in a fact. More likely, she was suspicious about the new ninja named Sai. 

Once Sakura and Naruto will find out who their new teammate is, they certainly won't be happy about the replacement they arranged for their dear friend, Sasuke.