Chapter 19

By the time Louis and Zayn returned with mugs of tea to go around, Liam, Niall, and Harry and agreed to watch Grey's Anatomy and had it queued up, ready to go.

"Really, boys? How in the world did you settle on this?" Louis asked with a pout.

"Because we all agreed it'd be worth it to sit through at least an episode of a show you don't care for." Harry answered with a smirk.

Zayn nearly choked on the sip of tea he'd taken. Once the others realized he was fine, they all, minus Louis, had a laugh about it. "I'd say you had it coming, Lou." Zayn teased once he could force the words out. He was confident that the boys hadn't overheard their conversation while they were making tea. Rather, he was certain that they knew Louis well enough to know that he had been intentionally giving Harry a hard time.

Louis huffed out a breath, and rather than engage, opted to settle in and make himself comfortable. The truth was, he didn't really hate Grey's Anatomy. Sure, it wasn't his favorite show. For whatever reason, it was more Harry and Liam's thing. Even Zayn and Niall seemed to get into it once in a while. Regardless, Louis only ever put up a stink about watching it because he knew the lads felt like they were pulling one over on him when they 'made' him watch it, and who was he to deny them that satisfaction? Well, that and the fact that the show could be just plain gross.

Shortly after the boys settled in to watch Grey's Anatomy, the bus lurched into motion and they were on the road. After the one episode, happy that he thought they'd made Louis suffer, Harry suggested they watch something else, but they were all interested in finding out what happened next.

After several episodes, three bags of popcorn, and another round of tea, Zayn and Louis declared that it was time they get ready for bed. Liam and Harry got up without complaint and started collecting the bowls and mugs while Louis prevented the next episode from playing automatically. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that neither Zayn nor Niall had made any attempt to get up. Upon closer inspection, it looked like, at some point, Niall had snuggled up to Zayn's side and dozed off.

"Is he asleep?" Louis questioned softly.

Zayn nodded in confirmation, a soft smile playing on his lips.

Louis smirked. "And you're thoroughly enjoying it."

Zayn directed a raised brow at Louis. "You mean to tell me you wouldn't?" he challenged.

Louis scoffed. "Of course, I would!" He whisper-shouted. "But when's the last time this happened?"

Zayn smirked as he thought about the answer to that. "The day after we punished them at the hotel."

Louis rolled his eyes affectionately. "That's not what I meant, and you know it. He was seeking comfort and reassurance after having been punished, then. Now, he's being all snuggly and adorable just because."

"You think I'm adorable?" Niall asked, voice thick with sleep.

"Hey, you're supposed to be sleeping." Zayn pouted.

Niall rubbed at his eyes before blinking a few times. More with it, he answered, "I was, but then a couple of guys decided to start talking, and I woke up."

"Cheeky," Zayn teased as he dug his fingers into Niall's side, eliciting a yelp of surprise and a few giggles. "It's time to get to bed." He told the younger lad once he'd regained control of his breathing.

"Mmmm, but you're comfortable. Can't we just go back to sleep right here?" Niall pleaded.

Deciding that Zayn had the situation under control, Louis got up to make sure Liam and Harry were either getting ready for bed or already in their bunks.