9.

3 weeks later
Adrian's POV
"Adrian can you help unload the truck when it gets here"
"Yeah sure"I grinned at the thought of Rowan coming back.I had really missed her and I was finally ready to ask her out.We had plans to hang out tonight and I was taking her to dinner.They pulled in and she helped Lana out.Taylor tackled her down and Ashton pulled them both up.My hands itched to touch her but knew I had to wait.I helped unpack the moving truck and I walked a box upstairs seeing Rowan in her room.She was unpacking boxes and I seen her pulling out articles of clothing.i knocked before opening the door slowly and she smiled at me.I set the box on her bed and she jumped into my arms.
I missed you she whispered as I squeezed her.
I missed you too I murmured and she pulled back slowly.I pecked her lips and she pouted.
That's it she murmured her brow arching.
"Oh no most defiantly not"
"So how am i suppose to dress for tonight"
"Just casual"
"Jeans and a tshirt"
"Yeah defiantly that should be great"She nodded and slid off my hips.I sat on her bed and she unpacked.I stole a couple kisses and she happily returned them.Ashton walked in as she was in her closet.
"Can i talk to you"
"Yeah"I followed him out and he shut his bedroom door behind me.
"So date night"I rolled my eyes and he narrowed his i knew he was still on the fence about Rowan and I.
"It's just dinner Ash chill"
"Adrian you and I both know that is your go to move for making it official you used that move on every girl since we were 15"
"And so what it works..You already told me if I want to be with Rowan you trust me enough..i'm not going to hurt her Ash"
"Don't be touching her"I rolled my eyes and he sat next to me.
"Where are you taking her"
"Just to the diner I figured she'd be to tired to spend all night out"
"Yeah she probably will be"I nodded and I could hear Rowan talking softly.
Your back Taylor squealed and Rowan screamed and a thud had us walking into her room.Ashton hauled Taylor off her and I pulled Rowan up.She smiled at me and Taylor crushed her in a hug.
Can't breathe Rowan gasped and Ashton separated them.
"Taylor jeez let the girl live through the night"Rowan's cheeks turned pink and I noticed she had changed her top and into some jeans.She looked incredibility more attractive if it was even possible.It was blush pink v neck top and she had paired it with a green military jacket with some snug jeans and she picked up some sandals.
"Here let me braid your hair Rowan"Rowan sat in front of Taylor and I sat in front of Rowan and so did Ashton.She squirmed slightly uncomfortably as we both stared at her.
Ash babe your creeping me out Taylor murmured and Ashton laughed.
"So Rowan have fun on your date tonight"
I thought it wasn't a date Rowan murmured.
It's not I muttered shoving Ashton.He rubbed his arm and Taylor rolled her eyes.
"Ash leave them alone"She pulled me up and I sat on my bed with her.
I should get back to work I murmured excusing myself and Ashton followed out behind me.
Rowan's POV
"Do you think Ashton is mad about Adrian and I"
"It will just take him some getting used he's very protective of his family"I stayed quiet and my mom came in my room.
"Rowan I need help"
"With what mom"
"Nick and I are going out to dinner"
"What no Adrian and I"
"Honey i'm sure Taylor and the boys can handle Lana"
"Yeah it will be fun Rowan it'll be nice to have a girl to play with for once"
"So what do you need help with mom"
"Come help me pick an outfit"
"Where are you going"
"I don't know i'm suppose to dress fancy"
"Your going to Nick's favorite restaurant it's called Brann's it's a super good steakhouse"
"Oh Taylor your a life saver"
"Oh i know i'll help you"My mom tried on dress after dress and she flopped on the bed.
"Mom what about this one the blue looked very nice on you"I held up the baby blue knee length dress.It was usually my mom's go to favorite dress because it complimented her so much.
"Okay yes I think it's the one"
"Ooh with these wedges Allyson"My mom smiled and laid them next to the dress on the bed.
"Curl your hair too mom Nick loves it curled"
"Will you do my makeup honey"
"Yeah when are you guys leaving"
"6ish"
"Yeah we can do makeup in an hour"I walked back into my room and played with my braids while Taylor went home.
Sissy we go to horsey place Lana exclaimed.
"Sure come on"We walked out and I helped her into her cowgirl boots as i put mine on.Adrian was breaking down a hay bale and feeding the horses not noticing us yet.
"Sissy pick me up"Adrian jumped but smiled at me.I lifted Lana up and we watched Adrian fill the feeders in each horse's stable.
Baby horsey Lana squealed and Adrian opened the door walking in.
"Lana would you like to pet her"She squealed as the foal stood and walked a little stumbling slightly.Lana squealed and Adrian wrapped his arms around me and I nuzzled into him.I had a close eyes on Lana her blonde curls bouncing.She turned to me and her brows furrowed.
Mine she mumbled lifting her arms up to me.I lifted her up and she clung to me her face tucking into my neck.I rubbed her back and we went inside to eat lunch.Lana went down for a nap since she was being grouchy as my mom said and Nick tucked her much to her contentment.Adrian and I were in my room cuddled up together.I yawned and he rubbed my back kissing my hair.
Take a nap love then we will go he whispered and I nuzzled into him.
*
Adrian's POV
I looked down to see her breathing softly her eyes closed with her lips slightly parted.Our legs were tangled together and she had one of my hands trapped between her's and her breasts.She had taken off her jacket before she laid down with me so she had small goosebumps forming on her arms.I leaned up slowly her still craddled to me and covered her with a small blanket.
"Coming in darling"I smiled softly at her mom.
Hello Adrian is she asleep she murmured slowly walking up to us.I nodded and she smiled.
I'm glad she has you..she's been different since we lost her dad..But i'm starting to see her old self coming back because of you she whispered.
I don't know what i would do without her I murmured and her mom smiled.
"Well i'll let her sleep"When her mom shut her bedroom door Rowan stirred.
What time is it she murmured.
"4:30 love"
"I have to use the bathroom"I released her and she walked into her bathroom.She fell back on my chest giggling and I chuckled as I kissed her forehead.She pouted and I kissed her lips making her smile and wrap her arms around my neck.I sat up and pulled her onto my lap.
Rowan I muttered panting slightly as she kept deepening the kiss and squirming on my lap.
Sorry she whispered looking down at her fingers.
Hey it's okay love I just I want to take things slow and i'm sure you do too I whispered.She only nodded and I tipped her chin up.
"Not that i don't love when you kiss me and feel the same burn I feel for you"She blushed bright red and I stroked my thumb over her cheek.
"Are you excited to start cheer soon"I seen we needed a topic change and her relieved smile made me smirk slightly.
"Yeah i am"
"Are you going to cheer for me"
"Of course I will"
"You'll start practice soon you start a week or so after us"
"When do you start"
"On Tuesday"
"This Tuesday"
"Yeah love"
"But you can come watch me sometimes Taylor comes and watches Ashton"
Maybe she whispered and I nodded lifting her off my lap.She got up and I pulled her back against my chest by her belt loops in her jeans.
"How long til your ready to go"
"I just have to do my mom's makeup for her date with Nick so give me 15 minutes"I nodded and she pulled on her jacket and I walked out of her room first her following closely behind me.I went outside trying to give myself a pep talk for tonight.I ran home and showered quickly just to be safe and by the time I got back to the ranch Rowan was on the steps with Lana who was sobbing.
No Lana screamed as I got closer to them and Rowan stood.
"Oh my goodness Lana i'm not going away for the rest of your life i'll be back in time to put you to sleep"
"We can stay in and watch movies here Rowan"
"Are you sure"
"Yeah i'm sure"
"Okay"
"Lana come on let's go back in"Lana ran inside pulling Rowan with her.I followed behind and Rowan kissed my cheek.
What was that for I murmured.
For being you she whispered.
**
Rowan's POV
After Lana finally fell asleep we went for a drive Taylor still was at the house and Lana had taken a big likely to her.
So we can skip dinner I guess he murmured as we drove through town.
"I'm sorry about that she's never done that"
"It's okay it's a new surrounding to her"
"Yeah it is"
"I want to show you something okay Ashton and I found it when we were little"I nodded and he turned suddenly and took my hand.We drove into the woods and he suddenly shut the car off but made sure his lights were still on.
"What is this place"
"To be honest we never figured it out"We got out and I zipped my jacket.
Did you set this all up I murmured pointing to the lights on the ceiling.
"No Taylor did one time Ashton brought her out here but the plug doesn't work anymore"I nodded and ran my fingers over the wood.The paint was peeling and it defiantly needed some love.We sat out for awhile until I started to shiver.I leaned into him and his arms wrapped around me protectively.
"Are you going to the wedding"
"I didn't decide yet"
"Well you should"
"Why"
"I won't have a dance partner"
"I'm an awful dancer"
"I can teach you"
"You can try"I pulled out my phone and switched on Pandora's love songs radio.I wrapped his arm around my waist and interlocked our other hand.His hand pushed me closer so our chests were touching and I giggled stepping back a little.
**
You did it I cheered and he laughed.
Only took 40 songs he joked as he dipped me.My hand brushed against his cheek and his eyes met mine.
Rowan he murmured.
Yeah I whispered and he bit his lip.
"Will you be my girlfriend"
"I'd love too"Our lips molded together and I gasped softly my eyes fluttering shut.He slowly stood straight up his hands resting on my hips.His phone went off and he grumbled.
"Hello..yeah i'll be right there"
"Is something wrong"
"I'll tell you in the truck"We both climbed in and he sped off.
"What's wrong Adrian"
"My mom is an alcoholic and it gets bad most of the time and my little brother is home with her usually as well as I so usually I just take Max when I leave because she can get violent and she neglects him"
"What about your dad"
"He works third shift so he has to leave and Max usually sleeps in my room"
"Oh do you stay at home"
"Most of the time if it gets really bad Max and I usually stay at the ranch in the guest room i'll run you home real quick"
"You don't have to we can get Max first"
"Are you sure"
"Of course he's probably wondering where you are"We pulled in his driveway and he got out quickly.
"Stay in here okay"
"Okay"He came out a couple minutes later Max holding onto his hand carrying what seemed to be a toy.Adrian buckled him in and shut the door.
"Max this is Rowan.Rowan Max my little brother"
"Hi Max"
"Your pretty"
"Thank you"Adrian took my hand and squeezed my hand.
"Max are you hungry"
"Ice cream Ad"Adrian rolled his eyes and I smiled.
Mommy is not good he mumbled and Adrian stayed quiet.
No not tonight Max he murmured and we got out and Max walked between us until Adrian picked him up.We walked for a little while Max eating his ice cream.He suddenly grabbed my hand and I looked down at him.
Can't say name he frowned.
"I know it's kinda tough what about Ro can you say that"
"Yes Ad's name hard too"
"Yeah it is"
"Carry"
"Max she doesn't want to carry you bud"He frowned and I wiped his mouth clean.He rubbed his eyes and Adrian picked him up and put me under his arm.
"Come on we should take Rowan home"
Are you staying at home I whispered and he stayed silent.
"No probably not"
Stay at Ash's Max cheered sleepily which was just adorable.
"Yeah we are"Adrian buckled him in and we drove to the ranch.My mom and Nick were home already at the dining room table.I stayed quiet when Adrian put Max down who was already asleep.
Bad night Nick mumbled and Adrian only nodded.
"Well you know the room is open"
"Thanks"
"Your welcome Adrian"My mom kissed my cheek and they went into their room.I sighed and Adrian pulled me into his arms.
What's wrong baby he murmured kissing my temple.
"I'm sorry you have to go through all this with your mom"
"It's something that i'm used to baby"
"You shouldn't have to be used to it"
"It's fine baby really i promise I'm gonna go grab the bag of clothes in the truck"I nodded and he came right back in a small bag hanging from his fingers.He picked Max up who was half awake now that Adrian moved a bit to quick.I sat on the couch and Adrian joined me after he came out in some sweats and a football shirt.I nuzzled into him and he sighed.
"Don't you want to change baby"
"Your here"I jumped up and Ashton laughed.
"Sorry didn't mean to scare you Rowan"
"It's okay..i'm gonna go change"I walked up the steps and to my room opening my door.Taylor came out of Ashton's room and yawned.
"Hey how was your date"
"It was good"
"Did he go home"
"No he's here"
"With Max"
"Yeah"
"Did he tell you"
"Yeah it's just alot to take in"
"I'm still not used to it we don't talk about it a lot though"
"I understand why"I removed my makeup and changed into some sweats and a long sleeve shirt from my old school.I rolled my pants a couple times because they were way to big on me.
"Is he sleeping in here with you"
"Not that i know of"We walked downstairs and Adrian pulled me down next to him.Taylor sat next to Ashton.Ashton put a movie on and Adrian pulled me closer and I laid my head on his chest.
**
Adrian i murmured.
Sh baby go back to sleep he whispered and I rubbed my eyes.
What time is it I mumbled.
Two he mumbled and I laid my head back down and he chuckled.
"Do you want to go to your bed i'll carry you"
"No"
"There's no way my chest is comfortable baby"
"But it is"I snuggled into his bicep and he pulled the blanket up our bodies.
"Goodnight baby"
"Good night Adrian"He kissed my hair and I fell back asleep.