Chapter 45: Cole's POV

Start from the beginning

"Um," For a moment I am sidetracked, " favorite color, and why?"

"Blue, because it brings a positive connotation with it." She smiles, her mind caught away in a memory. "When I see it I think of the ocean. I remember this one time, mom and dad got Connor and I all dressed up to go to the beach. I was in this really pretty blue sundress, and Connor was all dressed up in his nicest dress shirt and all that, well we were supposed to be taking pictures, and for a while that's what we did. Then, like an hour after we got there, dad ran into an old friend and mom had to go to the bathroom, so Connor and I, keep in mind that we were only six and seven, decided to build a sandcastle. It was absolutely disastrous." She laughs at the memory. "It took us almost twenty minutes to actually get some sort of structure, but then we needed a flag. I had this really big stick and it was the only one we could find, and every leaf we found look way to small, so Connor had the brilliant idea to use his pants."

"No."

"He stuck them to the stick using the belt loops." She sighs. "So what's your favorite color and why?"

"Green. And my 'why' is almost the same, except instead of the ocean, I think of the forest." She makes a gesture, urging me on, as she takes a bite of her spaghetti. "Well, the forest has always sort of been a symbol of freedom for me. It's where all the big events in my life have happened, not including you, and it's where most of my time is spent. I feel like I actually belong here, like my human side and my wolf side get along better in the woods."

"Wow." She looks at me.

"I know, pretty stupid, huh?" I rub my neck awkwardly, embarrassed that I had even said that.

I should have gone with black. That's a typical guy answer, isn't it?

"Not what I meant. I mean, you went all deep, you have a gorgeous reason to love the color green, while I'm over here talking about my brother stripping." She laughs.

"My reason isn't beautiful, you aren't involved in it."

And it's true. She is so beautiful in every way. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met, and will ever meet. She looks at me, and I can't help but to lean over and kiss her.

I was expecting her to pull away, but she dives right in.

Her hands meet at the back of my neck, while mine meet at her waist. I lean us both back on the blanket, careful to keep my weight off of her.

We both break apart, desperate for breath, and I decide to keep the game going. "Favorite food."

She kisses me again, and breathlessly replies, "Watermelon, you?"

"I'm tempted to say you." I chuckle as she blushes. "But I guess that wouldn't be too acceptable, so pudding."

She laughs as I lightly run my lips down her throat. "That's not a food."

"Yes it is." I say defensively. "And it happens to be the best food on Earth."

She just shakes her head at me and touches her lips to my cheek.

"Favorite season?"

"Summer."

And that's how we went on, asking pointless questions, and making out.

I pull back, breathless. "I love you." She laughs at me. "No, I mean I really love you. With everything in me, I love you. I love your smile, your laugh, your eyes, but your looks only have a little part in my loving you. I have never and will never meet a person, wolf and human alike, as wholeheartedly stubborn, clever, strong, brave or breathtakingly gorgeous as you. Rejecting you was a mistake. A big mistake. One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made."

"I love you too." I open my mouth to tell her not to say, to say it, but she cuts me off. "And I'm not saying that to say that. I mean it, this whole 'let's make the other person jealous by seeing who can be a bigger whore' thing is so incredibly stupid. I'm sorry, and I love you."

I smile and kiss her mumbling, "I love you Charlie. I love you so much."

She goes to answer me, when I pull away, Connor's voice invading my head.

Cole?

What? I growl, frustrated. I had specifically told everyone to leave me alone tonight.

Mike, he showed up early. His army just reached border and they're plowing through our warriors.

A/N

I swear on my life, that I will finish this book before the first of July.

And today I have two very, very important things to discuss with you.

1) There are only four to six chapters of this story left. The epilogue will be divided into two or three chapters. I will be working my but off to finish the story before the end of May.

2) I was thinking about opening an Instagram page, where I could post some updates about my stories, post a few short stories, and just connect with my readers a little more. Tell me what you think.

Oh, and my birthday's in exactly three week! Yay!

I love you all for being patient.

Kisses