Chapter 17

[CHARLIE'S POV]

I'm such a loser. My mate doesn't want me, my brother pity's me, and I can't ditch a simple stalker.

So here I am, under the stair case, in the secret passage way.  It's really a crawl space that was put in for storage when the house was built. But at some point it was made a passageway to roam about the house, for slaves.

I used to come in here to be alone. The only entrances that work now, are my bedroom, the staircase, Coles room, and one in the garden. There are peep holes amongst the house, I used to watch the pack members have fun and enjoy themselves through them.

I would imagine that I would be having fun with them.

I had just gone on a run, letting all my anger, worry and confusion out. I was one of the fastest wolves at my boarding school, all the weres took a field trip to a secluded forest weekly.

'Where are you?' Coles voice fills my head.

'Somewhere. What do you need?' I'm irritated that mates can have their own private mind link so that only we can tune into it,

'Come to the west wing cell. Someone wants to speak to you.' He replied,rather grumpily.

'Be there in a sec.' I don't dwell on who it is, I just go.

Once I am standing outside the cell, my eyes land on a very angry looking Cole.

He senses me nearing him and turns.

"Go on in." He tells me through clenched teeth.

God, what did I do to him? Shrugging it off I walk into the room.

There is a small rectangular metal table in the center, with two chairs on both side.

There were two people sitting in the chairs. Sniffing the air, I cringed. There was a vampire. They smelled repulsive, like dirty water and fish. There was a familiar scent to the air. It was human. It smelled like oranges and strawberries. My old friend Tara had that smell.

She was a year younger than me and had gone to the boarding school with me. We had talked a lot about a boy she was seeing. Cody. She said that he was nothing but trouble, but she couldn't help falling in love with him. I personally think that's what having a mate sounds like, but she was human. She moved about a year ago, she came back to the U.S with that boy she was allured to. I never did get to meet him.

"Charlie!" Someone exclaimed and suddenly I'm being hugged.

I look down to find none other than Tara. Looking better than ever, with her long waists length brown hair, her pale skin, and striking light blue eyes. She was stunning for a human.

"Tara? What are you doing here?" I was so confused, I looked up to see the vampire studying me curiously.

He had spiked, strawberry blonde hair, dark green eyes and the usual close to transparent vampire skin. As always the 'god like' looks ,as some people put it, were present.

" Charlie, we came here to warn you!"

"Is this Cody?" I asked ignoring her strange words. It made sense, some vampires have mates. It's rare but possible.

Tara seemed to have an endless list of ex-boyfriends, so to me, him being her mate is the only way she would stay with him that long.

"Yeah, i'm Cody, Tara's mate." He said protectively, stepping toward Tara.

I let out a growl warning him not to get any closer to me.

"Charlie calm down. Back to the matter at hand. Bad things are going to happen!" Tara intervened.

"What? What bad things?" I'll be the first to say that I'm confused.

Tara sighed, "He wants you Charlie. And he'a not gonna stop 'til he gets you. Haven't you gotten a note?"

My heart literally stops I my chest. How does she know about the stalker?

"How did you know about that?"

"My ancestor was a witch. I inherited a gift, I can see into the future. He's going to attack in four days. He's bringing an army. He'a going to take you. He thinks your his mate."

"What his name?"

"I don't know. And I don't know what he looks like. Every time I see him, it's dark out."

"This isn't good."

A/N
Yay! Another chapter up! Keep reading/voting/commenting/fanning!

So as promised here's the other Werewolf story as promised:

Autumn isn't special. She's beaten, and made to do work. Everyone believes that she killed her parents.

So when she meets her mate, she feels happy ,maybe life will be okay now. Until she listens in on his thoughts and hears him questioning whether or not to reject her. She acts fast and rejects him before he can reject her, in return she gets banished.

After the banishment is up two years later, her new pack must go and help her old pack, the Moonlight Pack.

They are surprised to see her. She looks healthy, happy and very different. She's witty, snappy, and sarcastic.

They expect forgiveness. They expect her to come crawling back.

But all she wants is revenge.

And you know what they say, revenge is a dish best served cold.

And that's exactly how she plans on giving it to them.