Chapter 38

[CHARLIE'S POV]

"You may proceed in said question." I encourage.

"Charlie Winter, would you do me the honor, and go on a date with me?" He smiles hopefully at me.

"What?" I ask dumbly as all the girls squeal.

Kylie smacks me on the back of the head. "He's trying to make it up to you." She scolds.

"You told her?" Cole asks looking petrified.

"No. She's my best friend. She knows these things." I look at her. "What did you do to him while I was gone? You broke my mate!"

"What do you mean?" Kylie pouts at me.

"Look at how scared he looks!" I point to Cole only to find him smiling. "No! You ruined it. Wipe that cheesy smile off your face, and look scared again."

He just laughs at me.

"Off with his head!" I cry pointing at him. The terrified look returns. "Ha." I laugh at him.

"Now back to business, " Max looks to Cole. "when will this date be taking place?"

"Tomorrow night?" He informs her, well more like asks me.

"Tomorrow night? That's one day to get her ready! How could you give us such a little warning? We need the spa, the hair dresser, the salon, a gym, a crate load of make up, and a dress!" Ellie cries.

"A dress!" The other girl echo frantically.

Ellie gives the girls various orders, telling who to call who, to check online and find me the perfect dress, and so on.

My eyes connect with a certain pair of green ones across the room. Cole smiles hopefully at me. I narrow my eyes into a deadly glare and mouth the words 'I'm going to kill you.'

I faintly smile to ease his nerves a little bit.

"Hey don't we have training in half an hour?" Becka pipes up.

All attention snaps to her. I give her a grateful smile, while the other girls glare daggers at her.

"Yes we do, and I expect to see you all there." Cole intervenes cheerily before exiting my room.

"Alright, well this has been interesting and all, but get out." I push them all out of my room. They all look at me like I just killed their pet hamsters. "I have to take a shower and get changed." I giggle at them and shut the door.

I walk into the small bathroom attached to my room.

I know what your thinking, the description you are giving of this room does not match the description of the room at the beginning of the book.

That's because it's a different room.

All members of the pack that want it, have a room reserved in the pack house. Most mated couples have their own houses, so that's no big deal, and as more get houses, more open rooms we have. We have 51 extra rooms on the ground and second floors.

Lately I have been sleeping in my pack room, because I feel safer here. I mean look at how easily Mike got into my room at my parents house. I feel more secure in the blue and green room.

The bed is grey, with black stripes. A green sleeping bag sits in the corner by my blue dresser. The drawers are painted different shades of green. The closet door is just regular wood. There is a very small bathroom in the far left corner of the room, all in contains is a toilet, a small mirror and porcelain sink and a 4' by 5' shower. The whole thing is white with a few dark blue tiles on the floor.

I take a ten minute shower and throw on a neon pink sports bra, a grey work out tank, and some grey and pink shorts.

I usually just work out in my bra and some span-ex, but I don't think that Cole would approve of that, with all the un-mated boys around.

I tie my hair up in a quick ponytail and head down to the training room.

It's pretty much like your average gym, with treadmills, walkers, weights, punching bags, and a large open section in the center.

We usually do human hand to hand combat in the open space, then use the woods for our wolf training.

Mostly everyone is already assembled when I arrive. I go and stand by my friends, waiting for Cole to come in and instruct everyone present.

"Alright everyone. Will all children from ages 5-8 step over here," Cole instructed an area. "All girls from ages 8-13 over here, all boys ages 8-13 over there. All girls 13-16 over there all boys 13-16 over here. All girls 16-22 over there, and all boys 16-22 over that way. All females 22-31 over that way, and all males 22-31 over by the treadmills. Any female 31 and above please step that way. And all males 31 and above step over there." He lets out a long breath as everyone moves toward the appropriate spot.

"Ok everyone in the 5-8 sections, 8-13 sections, and 13-16 sections, you have been assigned an trainer. Please follow him or her, outside." All the younger kids in the room exited through the door, all talking animatedly to each other. "As for you all, everyone in the 22-31 and 31 and up groups, have been assigned a trainer as well, please follow him or her to a station."

The older pack member dispersed to various stations throughout the gym.

"Now for you all." Cole smiled deviously at us. "Boys, you're all mine. Girls Martha will be dealing with you all. Now the reason I kept you behind, is because I'm sure some of you girls feel it sexist to divide girls and boys training sections, so I give you the opportunity to prove yourselves worthy of training with the boys. First, you must win against a fight against Martha. Then, you have to fight me, and last 15 minutes." He grinned like a shark stalking its prey. "Step up ladies, don't any of you want to fight for women's rights?"

Martha was the best fighter in the whole state. And Cole was an Alpha. It was impossible.

Except I don't seem to care, because I step forward, a huge smile on my lips, my hand raised. "I'll try."