Chapter 32: Connor's POV

[CONNOR'S POV]

My anger continues to rise as I watch Cole talk to the boy, Mathew, seeming to have forgotten what he did to my sister. I'm having a hard time figuring out what it was he did.

I would have smelt it if he had mated her, and both were fully clothed, I doubt she would be so upset about kissing, that leaves...

I clench my fists, and try to breath slowly, I can feel my wolf urging me to let him out.

The bastard marked her without permission.

"H-her name is Daniela. And there is going to be an attack. I know where, when, and what they plan on doing." The boy, Mathew, tells him.

Daniela? As in my cousin Daniela? Mates with a rogue? Oh, hell no.

"Sir?" Mathew calls out to Cole.

"Yes?" His voice sounds weak, almost as if he's about to faint.

Looks like someone just realized that they're in deep shit.

"You blanked out. I was worried I had done something." The boy sounds genuinely worried, so maybe we'll see about he and Daniela. Maybe.

"It's not you, who's done something." Suddenly Cole's attention snaps to me. "Dude I'm so sor-."

"Sorry?"  I ask in a deadly calm tone. "You're sorry? I just had an epiphany and realized why my baby sister was in your bed, crying. What is wrong with you?" 

"She was crying?"  

"That's all you have to say for yourself? Really? She literally just told you, that she hadn't forgiven you, and now you go do a thing like that?"

"I-." He cuts himself off.

"Don't." My anger gets the better of me and I let my fist fly.

Kick after kick and punch after punch, I hurl at him, and yet, he doesn't fight back once.

I mutter a long string of curse words, all directed at him.

I hear a gasp behind me, and freeze. I sniff the air and curse under my breath as Charlie's scent fills my nose. Lemons and roses.

Suddenly she's at my side, checking for any injuries.

"Are you ok? Did he hit you? Why would you hit him? You moron! He's an Alpha! He could kick your ass worse than grandma did! Did he provoke you? Do you need a doctor? I'll call the pack doctor." She rambles, then gets up, presumably to get the pack doctor.

I smirk down at Cole's hurt expression, he's offended that she's more worried about me, then him.

He appears to be in bad shape. His nose is twisted at an odd angle, and it's gushing blood, his eye is slightly swollen, indicating that he might get a black eye, and he has a cut on his cheek. He'll probably heal within the hour though, because of the werewolf healing, he possesses.

"You might want to check him first." I point behind me, directing the pack doctor once he arrives.

Charlie comes up to me smacks me, then hugs me.

"You moron, if he fought back, you'd be dead, but thank you." Her voice was muffled by my shirt.

"You're welcome, I think."

"Charlie?" I hear a voice behind me. I growl, pulling my little sister closer to me. 

Cole comes around, to where I can see him. In the weakest voice he's ever dared spoken in, he begs. "Please."

I sigh and look down at Charlie who is staring at a wall.

"That's such a cool wall! I'm going to go say 'hi' to it!" She suddenly exclaims and begins to walk toward there.

Cole stops her, by grabbing onto her arm. I growl a warning, and he growls back.

Charlie glares down at the hand on her arm, with such hatred, that I'm sure at any second it will simultaneously combust.

"Cole, don't." She hisses  through clenched teeth.

He pulls her to him. I growl again, warning him that if he doesn't remove himself from her, I would pounce though my efforts go to waist, and he ignores me.

"Charlie, I'm so very sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. You just seemed so willing at first. I- please forgive me."

"Just stop." Charlie closes her eyes and sighs.

"Why?" Cole attempts to sound brave, but really sounds quite weak.

"Because, if you continue, I'm afraid, I'll forgive you." She seems so defeated, and it breaks my heart.

A faint smile appears on Cole's face.

"I haven't yet though." She rips herself off of him and places back by my side. "And  probably won't."