Part 20

Dear Jungkook,

I saw you today... it was you wasn't it? I heard you call my name. I'm sorry I haven't been writing as much... the others don't get it. Theu tell me to move on because it's what you would have wanted... is it? Is that what you want?

But then, seeing you today - if it was really you - made it even harder. You're dead Jungkook, I saw your lifeless body. I saw the coffin lower into the ground. Am I imagining things? I guess I really am going crazy...

You looked so real.... you sounded so real. You're just as beautiful as always. I'd give anything to be able to hold you in my arms again...

Love Tae.

Third Person POV~

The boy really didn't know how he ended up here. His feet seemed to have a mind of their own, taking him down the long stretch of road to a pretty house with a wooden gate.

He stopped imfront of it, unsure of what to do. It all looked so familiar. He looked at the front lawn. Memories of two young boys laughing happily and running around playing tag flashed across his mind.

"Junghyun..." he whispered.

A flood of transient memories invaded his brain. A smile worked it's way on his mouth as he started to remember his brother and all the time they shared. Is this my house? The boy wondered as he opened the small wooden gate and made his way to the front door.

His hand hesitated as he went to knock on the door. If this was his house... what would his parents say or do?

It was obvious really, the pieces of the puzzle were coming together... Jungkook had died, become an angel and now, here he was back on earth. How were his parents meant to process this information when he barely understood it himself.

Jungkook sighed to himself, he wouldn't even recognise his parents anyway. He barely had any memories of his human life, just little snippets. But with every hour he spent on earth the more he started to regain.

Instead, the boy climbed up the back of the house, using the treehouse as leverage to get inside an open window.

The feeling was nauseating. He stood in the middle of his room. It looked as though nothing had changed. He remembered everything. His clothes messily strewn across his bed, the misplaced school books, kpop posters loving stuck against the wall and his anime figurines lining the shelves. Memories probed at his brain and it was all a little too much to take in.

Jungkook stumbled over to his desk, using it as some kind of support as the new memories overwhelmed him. After a few minutes of concentrating on trying to process the new information, the boy finally relaxed. Only after he had sorted through everything he now remember, he noticed a pile of letters that looked oddly out of place. He didn't remember them ever being there.

Hesistantly, Jungkook reached out and pick up the one at the top. He opened it up and read the first line.

Dear Jungkook,

His breath hitched and he felt tears welling at the bottom of his eyes. He took a deep breath and let his eyes flit across the paper, he drank in the words hungrily. Every now and then a small cry would rip it way out of his throat, he remembered almost everything.... He read letter after letter, he could almost hear Taehyung's deep baritone voice reading the heartfelt words scrawled onto the page.

Jumgkook heart swelled, he was practically bawling. God, he was such a sap. He desperately wiped his eyes, what would he do now? What could he do? It's not like he could just appear and claim he was alive again...

A slight creak echoed through the room, Jungkook quickly turned around to see his door being opened.

"J-Jungkook..?"