Part 26

Jungkook POV~

It had been a couple weeks since I fell from heaven and landed back on Earth. I had been following Taehyung around for most of that time. Although, the last time we spoke he told me to go away. So I left his house for awhile and watched over my brother. I had eventually been forced to come back to Taehyung. 

Taehyung was in his bedroom, typing away on his laptop in silence. I sighed in boredom and stared up at the ceiling, just the sounds of the keys clicking as we both sat quietly. I didn't know if he knew I was there, or if he could feel me; but it was comforting to me to know he was there with me. Even though I was dead. 

I rolled over and groaned out of boredom, looking over at Taehyung at his desk. His perfect, black shaggy hair falling into his eyes.

"Move your hair Tae, you're gonna ruin your eyesight" I mumbled to him. He didn't even move in response to my words. Not surprising you idiot, he can't hear you. I roll my eyes at myself and sat up in the bed, watching him. Taehyung started typing away again, using his mouse to click on a few things. I cock my head; kicking my feet childishly as I watched. 

I could get up and be a little nosey. I snicker devilishly and stand up from the bed, striding across the room and go towards his desk. Taehyung was now writing on a sticky-note. I stand right behind him and peer over his shoulder at the note. 

Candles? Sage? Are you cleansing your house of spirits?  I laugh to myself and stand straight; now trying to peer over at his laptop. To which he slammed shut, almost as if he knew I was looking. I scrunch my face in annoyance and look at him as he stands up from his chair. 

"You know that's rude" I mumble and sit in the chair as I watched him. Taehyung was slipping his shoes on as he was walking to the door. I hum in interest and stand up, following him out of the room; going downstairs. 

"Where are you going?" I whine as he grabs his keys. I'm right behind him as he walks outside, but I ran into; nothing? I yelp in surprise and pain as I'm thrown back onto the floor. Taehyung walking freely out of the house, but I'm stuck inside. I rub my nose and stand up from the floor and look out the front door. There was nothing blocking my path, so I reach out and try to touch what was stopping me. Right as my hand got close to the threshold of the door, blue swirled clouds started to form out of thin air. 

I jerked my hand away and the clouds disappeared. I frown and now put both of my hands up, pressing against it, the blue clouds swirling more aggressively. Like a storm brewing against my finger tips. I groan in annoyance and shove against it, my attempt as feeble as the wall didn't even move. I huff through my nose and stare up at the ceiling. 

"So now I'm not allowed to leave at all? Thanks guys! Real helpful!" I yell sarcastically and slam the front door shut. I throw myself, face first, onto the couch. Moaning angrily into a pillow, before turning my head so I can look about at the living room. I roll onto my back and put my hands behind my head. 

"Kind of annoying that an angel doesn't have free will." I say out loud, since no one could hear me. 

" Oh but you're a fallen angel. You don't have your wings" I told myself with a mocking tone. I stuck my tongue out and wiggled my face, gesturing it towards myself.  

"Does it make me crazy if I talk to myself?" I say with a normal tone, raising an eyebrow at myself. "No. How else will my brain reason with itself?" I assure myself with a nod and laid my head back. I hum softly and wiggle a little to get comfortable on this couch. I tap my foot against the wall and start to count sheep in my head silently. I blinked slowly and rubbed my cheeks. I pushed myself up and off the couch, standing quietly and looking around aimlessly. 

Then I got a perfect idea, making me grin. 

"I'm sure Tae won't mind if I look through some of his things" I say with a snicker and start heading upstairs. Not even walking, more like a forward dancing strut up the stairs and into Tae's bedroom. I walked into the door, phasing through with ease. I purse my lips and cross my arms as I start to look around the room curiously. Nothing caught my attention till my eyes landed on the closet. 

I paused and stared at it. It felt almost as if it was calling out to me; like it wanted my attention. I bite my lip and step towards the closet, pulling the sliding door open. I started to glance through quietly, nothing too interesting at first glance. Shoes, clothing, random junk like bags and old books tossed on the floor or up top. 

I grumbled in defeat as I looked through the things on the floor. Tossing random things aside as I searched. Then I found it. 

It was a small little decorative wooden box. There was absent spaces where the wood had been carved out, and blood colored velvet placed into the absent wood. The wood was on the medium dark side, and looked like it had been burnt. To give it a rustic, almost Gothic looking vibe. I hummed, running my hand over the wood. It was smooth but had a slight rough texture from the burnt wood. I stood up and carried it over to the bed, sitting down with the box. 

I lifted the lid off and set it aside. The design was like a jewelry box on the inside. A little wooden tray, the velvet lining on the inside of it as well. I ran my fingers over it before removing it and setting it aside. Underneath the tray was a little space, actually inside the wooden box. At first glance the items looked random, little precious knick-knacks you might keep hidden for sentimental value. I started to sift through the items, pictures; which I didn't look too close at. Folded up pieces of paper; which I didn't read. A little hand made sewn up red bracelet. 

I rolled my eyes in boredom and started to get ready to put everything back in. It was a heart shaped locket with engraved silver wings and a blue looking crystal behind the wings. 

That's really pretty. 

I traced my hand over the wings and hum in interest, trying to figure out how to open up the locket. I smile triumphantly when I discover the clasp on the side, I pry open the locket and look inside. 

A frown slowly formed on my face. 

"What the..?" I whisper in confusion. 

The picture inside the locket, was of me...

***

A/N

Hi yes I know. Punch me. 

It has been long awaited, I'm really sorry. Me and Jazz got caught up with life. She started college and I got a job. It was hard for us to sit and collaborate one things we wanted to write, so I will be continuing this from now on. I will ask Jazz if she would like to help or collaborate and I will inform you on how that goes. 

Anyway, talk to you guys later. :)