Your face reddened and your throat strained to yell. It felt as though your stomach was bubbling over with bitter rage, but you didn't know why. Turning begrudgingly, you bowed your head towards Undyne and Alphys. "I'm sorry... I'm being irrational and rude." You muttered.

"T-Thank you, b-but really it's okay! It's not like yo-"

"Ha! What a weakling! Some child was able to wrangle you that easily?! Pathetic!"

"Undyne!" Alphys snapped, slapping at her friend. "That wasn't called for!"

You clutched your fist at your sides and straightened your posture. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Frisk and I will just take our leave now." You said bluntly, grabbing Frisk's wrist.

He tried to object but as your hand closed around his arm and he winced. You didn't mean to hold him so tightly, but your vision seemed hazed in a tint of redish glaze. Your thoughts were darkened. Your teeth grit against one another painfully, but you were hyper aware of your surroundings. You could hear it as your foot steps drew closer to the exit. You could hear it as suddenly Undyne's boot shifted, plasma humming and Alphys gasping. She didn't have to say anything, though she fell just short as the weapon flew.

Your eyes opened wide, crimson flecks littering your (E/C) iris. Your leg swung high, knocking into the spear's shaft and watching as the spear head, inches from your nose, flung away into the wall.

All you could see was bloody red for a moment, then your body lurched into puppet-esque movement. Your limbs dangled loosely at your sides until you ran and swung at Undyne with acute aim. She countered you easily, using a blend of flowing jazz and rough stops in hip-hop. A wonderful choice for close contact battle.

The lab became your arena as you tumbled over Alphys desk and drew Undyne attention opposite of Frisk. "Undyne stop! Our best chance is to solve this peacefully!" Alphys cried.

"Peace isn't an option! Look at her eyes Alphys! They're just like hers. She fights like a demon! This can't be a person!" Undyne retorted.

"Oh no, I'm not a person..." you rumbled, eyeing Undyne past a curtain of stray hair. "I'm a machine. A robotic, killing machine with only one objective. So get out of the way or become collateral."

Before Undyne could more than hesitate your propelled yourself forward. Your arms pressed in uniform behind you, you sprung forward like a swing and planted a foot just before Undyne. As your body fell back away from her you spun like a piston and cracked your leg towards her with unintelligible speed. As it collided, you watched Undyne falter.

She moved to defend herself but she wouldn't move fast enough. Just as you spun after the kick, you shoved your free knee into her stomach, leaving you a cyclone midair, before planting both legs against her body and slipping away. As her body keeled over itself you smiled a cruel grin. You charged, the phantom of something clutched in your empty hands. Your vocal cords released a discordant bellow as you swung towards your target, but at an instant you stopped.

You froze so perfectly it was uncanny, still posed as though at any moment you would decimate your foe, but you didn't.

Frisk stood in front of her, his arms outstretched over her like a shield. Instantly you stopped, your vision becoming crystal clear. Your fist unraveled as you looked down at Frisk. Your head spun dramatically, making you wave back and forth. You blinked a few times and you saw the tears on Frisk's face. His mouth moved but it sounded distant. The first word you heard was 'performance.'

"I don't want to see your performance anymore!!!" He cried.

Your muscles went rigid as you heard the word, knowing what it meant. In the back if your head you could hear cackling. You forgot to breathe as you slowly began to turn. "I-I'm so sorry..." you whispered.

Spinning on your heel you ran, through the lab entrance and into the depths of Hotlands. You could see puzzles and machinery littering the path ahead but your feet didn't seem to register. Pumping your arms at your sides, you leapt over your obstacles with practiced grace and articulation. It looked almost as if you didn't touch the ground. Your eyes darted off the beaten path for somewhere to hide.

Your eyes began to cloud with salty tears as you grew farther away from the lab. The twisted laughter grew louder and louder. The flickering image of Chara appearing randomly ahead of you then disappearing.

It felt good didn't it?!

"Shut up..." you whispered, eyes finally pinpointing a shelter.

Admit it!!! You felt it just like me! The power! The beauty! My expertise and your skill... we can annihilate those disgusting creatures!

"Shut up." You said more forcibly, twisting over the board front of your cover and ducking beneath its counter. You tucked your head down and held it between your hands.

Stop being an idiot! You saw it didn't you! You would've taken done that guard if not for the little brat!

"Shut up!!" You yelled, nails biting into your scalp. "Get out of my head! Get out of my body!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

The laugh erupted again and when you closed your eyes they met only crimson. Her red eyes passing pure terror through your veins. You trembled. "L-Leave me alone! I don't care who you are! I just want to keep Frisk safe!" You tried to sound as forceful as you could but your lips trembled with the rest of you. You choked for air, feeling as though your lungs had been sucked dry.

You can't change your past. With or without me, those instincts will trigger when monsters appose you and you'll have to fight! It's only a matter of time before you submit to me!

"Never!!!!" You screamed, opening your eyes and seeing blue.

"Wow kid, I just asked if you were okay..." the skeleton said, worry etched into his eyes.

Your head whipped around, the child missing from sight and replaced by the shelter you'd ducked behind. Slowly your gaze returned to Sans and you collapsed into a pile of limbs. Your hands shook as you rocked slowly.

"S-Sans... she won't leave me alone... she's inside of me... at any moment... she could... I'm just.... Sans I'm just her puppet.... Sans I don't want to hurt anyone..."