Chapter Twenty Six : Havoc in your Haven

Byo raked his hand on his hair for the fourth time now while I watched him repeatedly call Umi. "Why won't she answer?"

We just got back from school. An hour after I kissed Aya's forehead, saying that I would visit her later at night. Things were still the same in that place. Every time that we were together, I could feel every prying eyes looking at us. If only I could rip their heads from their body. I could actually, but I didn't - I was becoming more considerate because of her.

"Maybe she's busy..." Carmela said, slumping down the couch beside me and turning the television on. I looked at Byo and nodded.

I knew it was unlike her for not answering any calls from Byo for about an hour now but maybe she was really occupied. I didn't want to think of some negative things. That wouldn't help.

Byo groaned loudly and tossed his phone on the coffee table. "Yeah. Maybe she prefers her friends more than me."

Carmela frowned at Byo before she looked back at the television and changed the channel. "Don't say things like that! Umi needs a me time too!"

"Let's just wait." I offered.

"RUKI!" My father's voice boomed from the entryway, "Come to my office at once!"

If we were going to talk about restriction again, I didn't know where the conversation would lead this time.

I saw Carmela and Byo exchanged look before their gaze settled to me. They were probably thinking that I did something fucked up again. But I was, wasn't I? Sighing heavily, I stood up and walked to his room.

His office room didn't change since the last time I came here, though the couch and the door that I broke were now replaced with something new. When I closed the door behind me and walked towards his desk, he took out some papers from his briefcase brusquely.

"Explain these to me." Father demanded through his clenched jaw. Just by his face, I knew he was pissed off about something. He threw numbers of pictures on his desk, some of them fell down the floor right at my feet.

What the hell is it this time?

I picked the nearest photo from me and instantly wanted to burn the paper when I saw who were the subject matter of these photographs.

"Who took this?" I glared at the glossy paper on my hand, gripping it tightly as I tried myself to stop my anger to erupt.

Me and Aya, at the rooftop of Clam Garden Hotel. Kissing.

Our first kiss was shot and printed - without our knowledge.

I looked at the other photos at the floor and on his table, they were at the same place but from different angles, different poses.

"That doesn't matter." Father answered me tightly. My infuriation only shot higher, I glared at him.

"WHO TOOK THESE FUCKING PHOTOS?!"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!" He glared back at me and pointed at his desk. "Explain this to me now, Ruki!"

I shook my head and crumpled the photo on my hand. "There's nothing to explain."

"Of course there is!!" Father grabbed a few photos on his desk and slammed it back down on the table. "Fucking hell, Ruki!! What are you planning this time?!" His eyes were fierce, and they didn't travel away from me. "Are you playing with her?! Are you going to kill her?! Please tell me when so I have an idea when I'm gong to clean your mess once again!!"

His questions enraged me. I had enough of this.

I told him the truth as I held his gaze. "I love her."