Chapter Eight : A Trip to Pandemonium

"You're such a bully!" I heard Carmela shout once again from downstairs. Shaking my head, I leaned back on the bench and watch the sun as it sunk itself down to the ocean. They were arguing for about two hours now. I made sure that I was away from them.

The box was on the table beside me. It was Sunday. I'd never felt so peaceful.

Friday night, was the last time I drank and until today I was full. No doubt I would be full until now.

I was glad that I could spend whole forty-eight hours without smelling her scent and become less abnormal.

Putting a nicotine stick between my lips, I lit it. There was no scent of blood anywhere near me, but I could use a smoke to somehow gather my scattered thoughts.

"Ah! You're here!" Carmela sat beside me and looked ahead, wearing that worry free smile on her face.

I blew the smoke to the other side and took another drag. The ocean was illuminating the sun, making a reflection of the hot plasma in a blurry image.

"What's that?" She stood up and walked over the table. Carmela opened the box and her eyes widened in delight when she saw what's inside. "Can I have some?"

Always, I would let them have any human food that belongs to me. But this time was different. The food in that box was different. It meant something and was made with a cause. "No."

"But this is strawberry! You hate strawberry and I love strawberry!" She whined, pouting at me.

"No, Carmela." I held finality in my tone and watch the sun as it hides.

"Who gave this to you?"

I took another lung full of nicotine so I wouldn't have to answer her.

Carmela walked and sat back beside me, settling the box on her lap. "Your admirer?"

I rolled my eyes and blew the smoke up.

She nudged me with her elbow two times. "Come ooon, tell me!"

I threw the still lit stick in the vase of blooming red roses. "There's a cake in the fridge." Snatching the box from her, I stood up and walked in the house.

"Tweety, where are you?" Byo called, enough to make me want to go out.

Monday. The sun was on its way up to the sky and I was already arguing with my father.

"No!!!" I shouted again.

He raked one of his hands through his hair and sighed. "It's mandatory."

Shaking my head, I paced his office. "This is why I never want to stay with you!"

"What's wrong in joining them? It's not like this'll be your first time to be with a group of humans!"

I opened my mouth to retort but I was too pissed I needed more than shout it out. I turned and kicked the shit out of his office's door that it cracked from its hinge and flew out to the foyer. Heading out the garage, I grabbed the offensive bag-pack over one of my shoulder.

"Ready, Sr?" The driver of the van asked Byo who was at the front seat, when I slammed the car's door close.

Byo looked at me for an approval while Umi and Carmela stayed quiet. I nodded stiffly, and then the car drove off.

I stared out the window the whole time, fuming over the stupidity of this day.

What the hell was a field trip for? - Other than having teenager preys walking around on a different setting I couldn't figure what's the point of this. Didn't they think that this was dangerous? For us? For them? We were going to a secluded mountain for fuck's sake.