Chapter Twenty Three : In the Midst of Us

We were called for a meeting in the Music Room thirty minutes earlier, Tego looked excited for this day and almost hurriedly started discussing about the music event next week.

I wasn't paying attention of what he was saying; my eyes were trained on Aya's notebook she was writing on. She was beside me, jotting every important detail the teacher was saying. Aya had a very nice and clear penmanship.

"Oh! Matsumuto and Hamasaki, I'll partner you with another students."

Tego Mizushima suddenly said in the middle of his lecture, making me glare up at him and Aya to stop writing. Some other students looked at our direction too.

"What?!"

The douche didn't look at me and started shuffling the papers on his table. "I made a few mistakes when I input your names in the computer and now I can't change it."

This time he looked at me with a smile on his face. "There's no problem about that right? You can still use the song you made just with another person."

I wanted so much to punch that smile off from his face. My jaw clenched and both of my hands turned into fist. I had no doubt my father had something to do with this. Why hadn't I foreseen this before?

"That's fine..." Aya's voice pulled me from my thought.

I looked at her, scowling.

Fine? This wasn't fine at all!

Tego announced who our new partners were, only making me more irritated.

"Aogiri Megumi will be your new partner Matsumoto. Shou, Hamasaki is yours."

That last sentence was wrong in so many ways, my fists hardened. It shot my infuriation higher. I stopped myself from launching at the douche but let him see my glare.

He saw how I looked and he answered it with a smirk.

What a fucking asshole.

I was watching Aya and the fucker talk about their presentation a few tables from mine. I heard him asked her to go with him in the library earlier. That's why I didn't think twice and followed them. So far he hadn't done anything but smile and act stupidly cool in front of her. If he laid even one finger on her I wasn't sure what I would do. Maybe break his face.

"So... You and Hamasaki huh?"

My gaze shifted to the girl sitting across me. I completely forgot I was with her. She insisted that we talk about our song for next week and wouldn't stop following.

"What about us?"

They just couldn't stop talking about me and Aya could they? Their hideous mouths spreading words everywhere already caused me trouble.

The girl shrugged, she continued to write on her notebook. "You acknowledge only her and all of us seemed like... I don't know.. shadows?"

She chuckled and I heard bitterness from its tone.

"I mean, hey come on! We're here too."

I huffed. "That's what you want? My attention?"

Megumi pursed her lips and stopped from writing. "Every girl wants your attention Ruki."

Did she hear herself just now?

Spending more time with her would be a bad idea. This was one of the reasons why I didn't like humans, except for one girl.

"Can you play the piano?" I asked, dropping the other subject completely.

"Yes."

"Good. I'll make the song. I'll give it to you this Friday."