[18] New friends

Avery-Rose

"Avery, you're home early?" Adam questions as I walk into the living room.

"Well, yours truly just got fired." I say flopping on the couch beside him.

"Wait what, why?" He questions.

"I really don't want to talk about it, Adam. " I sigh laying my head on his shoulder. "Where's Ellie?"

"I put her to bed, she was extremely tired. Like literally the moment I tucked her in she fell asleep." He tells me.

"Tomorrow, I think I'll take Ellie out. She's been locked in the house since Sunday. She needs to go to a park or something. " I tell Adam.

"Do you want me to take tomorrow off? That way you won't be alone." For the last few days, I work during the night, and Adam during the day so that way there's always some one home with Ellie.

"No Adam, it's okay I'll be fine." I fake a smile.

"You sure Blue?" He asks.

"Yes I'm sure. I'm going to get some sleep, I've had one hell of a day."

"Alright goodnight my dear." He says as I run up the stairs. Before I go into my room, I take a peek into Ellie's, making sure she's still okay. There's she was sleeping soundly in her bed.

"I love you El." I whisper before closing the door and heading to my room. I strip down my clothing and throw on an oversize tshirt and lay down in my bed. As soon as my head touches the pillow I instantly fall asleep.

~

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!" I hear Ellie yell while the bed is shifting. She jumping on my bed. "Momma c'mon wakey!" She cheers. I open up one eye and see her sitting right beside my face.

"Ellie, what time is it?" I ask her.

"I don't know momma. But uncle Adam left and I wanna play!" She whines.

"Alright Ellie Skye. I'm up, I'm up." I slide out of the covers and rub my eyes. I look over at the clock band it read 7:00. I groan and fall back down.

"No Momma get outta bed!" She yells pushing my side. I giggle at her attempt.

"Did Uncle Adam make you breaky?" I ask, not moving from my laying position.

"Yes I had Cheerios! And a nana!" She says.

"You mean a banana?" I laugh.

"That's what I said! " she sighs. "Now wake up momma!"

"Alright baby." I sit up and sit Ellie in my lap. "How bout we do something fun today, ya?" I ask her. She nods. "Okay let mum get ready and then will leave." I kiss her forehead and place her on the floor.

"I go play in my room for now!" She says running off. I roll out of bed and make my way to the closet. I grab a pair of leggings and a light blue jumper. I throw my rat nest hair in a messy bum and do some light make up.

Next I had to get Ellie ready. I grab a pair of her jeans, a black shirt and a red flannel shirt and set them on her bed.

"Ellie let's get changed babe." I tell her. She puts down her Barbie and ran over to me. She takes off her pyjamas and sets them on the floor. I help her put on her clothing and then brush out her hair. See I was born with very straight hair, but it gets messy. Ellie's always seems to be perfect. Lucky kid.

After I was done, I finished by putting a beanie on her head.

"Alright Ellie, let's go," I smile. Before the two of us left the house, I packed a few snacks in Ellie's back pack and a few in my purse. Then I put sunglasses on hers and my face. The last thing I want is to deal with those damn paps. I put Ellie's bag on her back and grab her hand.