[3] Big Girl Bed

AVERY-ROSE

As soon as we got into the car Ellie just talked about her day at day care and the crafts she made and literally every conversation she had. She was Miss popular at the day care.

Ruth didn't live very far from me but because of the time when I got to my small condo it was already dark out.

As Ellie continued talking I unbuckled her from her car seat and grab her bag. She slipped out and ran to the door. I stop her from talking for a minute because I notice she isn't wearing her hat and mitts that she was wearing when we left Ruth's house.

"Elizabeth Skyler where is your hat and mitts?" I ask her. She looks down at her hands and realizes that she's not wearing them. She makes an o shape with her mouth.

"I left in the car." She says looking at her feet.

I sigh unlocking the door letting her in.

"Go feed flip flop I'll be back in a minute." I tell her as I walk back to the car. Flip flop was our beta fish, I can't really afford a real pet like a cat or a dog, but a fish was definitely enough for my three year old.

I grab Ellie's things and lock up the car. It's not that we live in a bad neighbourhood, it's just not the best place to live.

When I walk into the house I call Ellie's name, she runs out of the kitchen over to me. I take my boots, hat and coat off and lift her up. I tickle her stomach and she giggles. I playfully throw her in the couch and tickle her some more. She laughs uncontrollably and I stop.

"So baby girl, I have some news." I tell her. She climbs up on my lap and looks at me.

"What's up momma?" She asks twirling her hair, a habit she probably picked up from me.

"well do you remember that I told you that mommy used to take pictures for stores and stuff?" I ask her. I didn't expect her too but it was worth a shot.

"Yes!" She cheers "you were a movel?" She's ask and I laugh.

"A model, yes" I tell her. "Well, they want me to be one again. So were going to go on a little trip with Benji so momma can do that. Does that sound okay?" I ask and she nods.

"Where are we goin?" She asks.

"London babes, but there's more." She looks at me to continue. "They want you to do it to, are you okay with that?" I ask.

"What do I do?" She asks.

"You know how sometimes we play dress up? And mommy takes pictures of you on her phone?" She nods. "So you'll have to do that." I suggest

"I wanna do it!" She cheers. I laugh at her again.

"So tell me sweet pea, what else did you do today?" I ask. I heard all about her day at day care, but I want to hear about something else.

"Roo pick me up she drove me to her house and I play with the dogs." She smiles. "Oh and Roo's brother came and play with me." Of course.

"Did he play long with you?" I ask turning her around and braiding her hair.

"Yes! He help make cookies and I play games on his phone and watched Elmo with me. It was fun!"

"Well was he nice?" I ask her.

"Owe Momma!" She says grabbing her head, I pulled her hair by accident.

"Sorry love." I say kissing the top of her head. "So was he nice?"

"Yes! And he was funny! And he would lift me up above his head and twirl me." She says laughing at the memory. "But he act weird when you come." She says, well ya I got that part.