Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Aiden's POV
             Aubrey walks in the house with Jonas and throws her bag at Hayden, who is lying on the couch beside me. "Two more months until Winter Break!" She yells exasperated. Jonas nods and sits down on the couch beside me. Jonas doesn't talk much but when he does he's actually a very funny and cool kid. Hayden throws Aubrey's bag on the floor. "Hey! I have valuable stuff in there." Hayden looks up at her.

            "Ok so it's perfectly fine to throw a 30 pound bag at me but when I throw it on the floor lightly it becomes the end of the world. Am I not valuable to you?"

            "No Hayden," We all look at Jonas, "You know you're replaceable." Aubrey and I start laughing and Hayden throws a pillow at Jonas.

            "Just for that-" Hayden stands up and points at him. "I'm gonna tell your first girlfriend about the fact you have to sleep with a nightlight." Jonas rolls his eyes and Hayden and Aubrey go upstairs, I'm assuming to play with Ellie.

            "Is that true?" I say looking at Jonas. He just laughs and nods.

            "Not exactly a night light but I need some sort of light in the room. I can't sleep in a pitch black room. It kinda freaks me out." I nod and laugh.

            "Yeah I know what you mean." I stand up and walk over to the TV. "Game first or food first?"

            "Game, food can wait!" I laugh and pass him the controller while turning on the game system. "Can we play one of mine?" I take out my game and put it in the case.

            "Sure. Go grab one. Better be a cool one!" I yell as he runs upstairs. My phone rings, I take it out of my pocket. I don't recognize this number. I answer it and hold it to my ear.

            "Hello?"

            "Aiden?" My heart jumps.

            "Krystina! Are you alright? How are you? Things are going ok right? Are you-"

            "Aiden please shut up." She says laughing. I sigh and relax.

            "It's really good to hear your voice."

            "Same. How is everyone?"

            "Everything is great; Hayden, his brother Jonas and his daughter Ellie are staying with us temporarily. I think Hayden is gonna buy the house after this week of work. The social services people said he's actually working hard so they gave him a month extra to actually buy the place."

            "That great, tell him I'm happy for him. I don't really get much speaking time with you because I had to call your mom first. I didn't have your number."

            "That's fine. I'll take what I can get. Just a long as I can hear your voice."

            "Good god that was fucking cheesy." We both laugh and I hear someone walk up to her. 'Hey babe' "Hey Sky."

            "Krystina?"

            "Yeah?"

             "Who's that?"

            "Oh, it's my friend Sky. He knew me from a long time ago, apparently Brody and his sister used to hang out." 'And I liked you, don't forget that.' "Shut up Sky. I'll see you soon alright. Can I just talk alone?" 'Who is he?'