Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Krystina's POV
'I'm home and reading a book. It's actually a really amazing book; I close the book and look at the title, Kissed By an Angel trilogy. I like it! I look up and see my little brother Brody.

"What's wrong Brody?" I say taking out my headphones.

He climbs into bed with me and starts crying. "I don't wanna lose you Krysti." My heart breaks hearing him say my nickname.

I pull him into a hug, "You're not gonna lose my Brody, why do you think you're gonna lose me?" He points at my black eye and cries again. I sigh and pull him into a tighter hug.

"You're not gonna lose me Brody. I promise that nothing is gonna happen to me. I'm getting help for us." I kiss the top of his head and pull him away cupping his face, "You wanna go for a car ride?" He smiles and nods. "Get your coat." He runs to the closet and gets his jacket.

I grab my boots under my bed and slide them on; I look over and see Brody putting on his shoes as well. I smile and grab my keys opening the bedroom door. "I'm ready!" He yells and runs out of the room. I laugh and close our room door, we reach the end of the hall and see my mom picking up my dad's bottle of beer and chugging it. She's fucking pregnant and she's drinking. I step out of the hall and hand my keys to Brody. "Go wait in the car. I'll be right there." He nods and I walk over to my mom and grab the beer bottle. "Mom you gotta stop drinking with the baby."

She takes another bottle and drinks it. "It not that old, I can drink and it work hurt it."
I put down the bottle and turn to the door, "It's not an it anymore mom. It's a baby." I close the door behind me and see Brody in the driver's seat; I laugh and get into the passenger's seat. "I trust you. You gotta learn to drive anyway." I buckle my seatbelt and he looks at me with a scared face. I laugh and get out of the car walking to the driver's side. I open the door and see him already seating in the passenger's side. I laugh at him and shake my head. "You're in 7th grade of course I'm not gonna let you drive." He laughs at me and I start the car. "So where do you wanna go?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. I kinda wanna go to the river." It's the middle of winter!

I laugh and back out of the driveway, "Alright! To the river it is."

We are driving for about 10 minutes when Brody turns around. "Krysti, there's someone right behind us." I look back and see a guy tailing me, I'm only a freshman, not even allowed to drive and the roads are iced over, I'm not going any faster.

I put on the hazard lights and the guy still doesn't pass us, there's no one beside us, he can totally pass us. "Don't worry Brody." I slow down and the guy still doesn't pass us, I admit I'm getting freaked out at this point. I look over at Brody and see tears in his eyes. "Brody don't cry."

"I SAW THIS KRYSTI!" I swallow hard and look over at him. I feel the guy hit the back of the car and we slide, I gain control of the car and drive faster, "I SAW IT KRYSTI!"

I grab his hand, "Brody how did it end?" He looks at me and starts crying harder. "BRODY! I need you to tell-" just then the person behind us hit us again and I completely lost control, I tried but I couldn't control it at all, it was all moving so fast.

The next thing I knew was we were flipped over, just when I thought it was all over with I heard Brody yell, "KRYSTI! The tree!" I look over to my side and see us sliding to a tree; I undo my seat belt and slide over to protect Brody. I was in so much pain but I needed to prevent Brody from getting hit, the driver's side of the car slammed into the tree, it started caving in, it all seemed to go by in slow motion.