Chapter 38

Chapter Thirty-eight

Something’s Not Right

Some kids were at the game room located in the basement. There were lots of couches there. Some beverages were there as well. The game room has foosball and a Ping-Pong set. It even had a Just Dance game installed. That room was so fun to stay in. Some kids were playing different teenage games: spin the bottle, poker, truth-or-dare, while others were making out.

Ismail and Jade were sitting on the couch kissing. Ismail wanted him and Jade to be alone and since that they’re at Jude’s Lake House, they went to the lake to go skinny dipping.

“Take it off!” Jade flirty demanded.

Ismail was a little hesitant at first, but he did it. He removed all his clothing in front Jade who also took off her clothing after.

Jade did not hesitate and did not get uncomfortable while Ismail was blankly staring at her.

The lake was quite latent from the lake house and was covered by various trees.

Then, they started to jump in the water and be alone for that evening.

Meanwhile, Louis invited Claire to go outside the Lake house to breathe some fresh air because he was suffocated by the population of the people. Some kids were smoking and drinking.

They both grab lemonade and then, they started to step out the house. While walking outside, Claire asked Louis to tell her honestly about their stalker.

Louis refused to tell Claire more information about E. When they reached the lake, they saw jeans, shoes, shirts, wallets, and phones on the ground.

Louis recognized the phone. It’s Ismail’s phone.

Louis got worried. “Ismail? Jade?” both of them cried.

Suddenly, Jade and Ismail mounted from the water.

“Hey?” Ismail greeted as he ran his wet hair back.

Louis and Claire rolled their eyes in relief and felt their hearts. Phew!

“Wanna join us?” Ismail invited.

“It’s fun!” Jade added. “Dive in!”

Claire looked at Louis as if she wanted to skinny dip. But Louis refused. “No thanks. We have other business.”

Claire got a little bit disappointed.

“Okay,” Ismail swam away from them. “We don’t wanna bother you.”

Louis smiled.

 “I love your Dolce & Gabbana jacket and pink Prada purse,” Jade complemented Claire’s looks. 

“Thanks,” Claire flaunted her outfit a little. “Well, better keep your eyes on your stuffs and do not leave it unattended.” She advised. “See you back at the party!”

Ismail and Jade nodded and said the same and started to go back on their business.

Then, Louis and Claire started holding their hands and continued walking on the woods back to the Lake House.

After a long awesome conversation and drinking lime punches with his teammates, Richard was so overwhelmed that he did not noticed that Brittany had gone AWOL. He kept on talking about what they did back on their football win. While talking, he finally realized that Brittany was out of sight and out of mind. He quickly stood up and looked for her. He also saw Leonard Becker on a huge couch hanging out with a couple of girls.

“Hey?” he approached Leonard, “Have you seen Brittany?”

“No,” Leonard replied as he was held a girl on his lap, “Will Travis be here?”

“He will,” Richard started to fret and walked away.

Then, he saw Jude O’Brien walking in. He was being complemented by some kids about how awesome his party was. But Richard was not there to complement Jude’s party. “Have you seen Brittany?”

“Yeah,” Jude said which relieved Richard, “I saw her talking with Sebastian Petroff.”

Richard thought that Brittany might have gone jealous because he was too much spending his time with his teammates rather than her. Richard started to walk when Jude caught his right arm.

“You okay, man?” Jude asked. “Aren’t you having fun?”

“I’m not having fun without her,” Richard headed to the party room and approached Sebastian on the DJ booth. “Hey? Have you seen Brittany?”

Sebastian removed his headphones and continued spinning the sounds. “Yes, she asked me to play Madonna music thirty minutes ago!”

“Thirty minutes ago?” Richard confirmed.

“Yeah?” Sebastian got confused. The music was loud so they have to scream with each other. “I don’t know where she went after that.”

Richard got goose bumps. He got really worried and started looking for her but he couldn’t find her anywhere. He thought of dialling Brittany’s number but she was not picking up, instead, it was just her voicemail. He left her voicemails several times but there weren’t any response from her.

Paranoid "much"?