Chapter 26

Roses Pov

"Morning Mrs Dawson", Jack gently stroked my hair.

"Morning Mr Dawson", I rolled over and he leaned down to kiss me. He then hopped out of bed and looked out of the window.

"What a beautiful day"

"Yeah. I think we have to go downstairs and get the kids some breakfast don't ya think?", Jack smiled before kissing me again. We then went downstairs to make some pancakes!

"Morning Joe and Jack", Jack said aloud cooking in the kitchen. The twins both came out looking tired and yawned.

"Big night", I walked over and set plates on the table.

"Yeah. You got married", Jack Jr rejoiced. I then kissed his forehead while I quickly made my way to the bathroom to throw up.

"Daddy, why is mummy Rose throwing up?", I overheard Josie ask as I leaned over the toilet bowel. No not this talk now. I then wiped my mouth and flushed the loo and went out. I then stood besides Jack clasping his hand.

"Because mummy is having another baby", I sat beside her to make sure she was ok.

"A.. A.. A Bae..b..b.. E... E ?",

"Yeah", I then put her hand on my stomach, "you may not feel it but-", she then looked at me dead straight in eyes. She's never done that before. After that quick moment ended she placed her hands off and into her lap. I then slowly got up and looked at the two children playing that are getting along just fine.

"I'll get started on the Maple syrup", I tapped Jack on the back.

"Wait Rose-.. Oh shit!", he realised  that he forgot about the pancakes. He immediately got the burned ones off the frying pan. And poured new ones, "close shave", he said taking a deep breath while I drizzled the maple syrup on the twins pancakes.

"Here you are", they licked their lips and sharpened their forks and dug in. I then can in with an empty plate into the kitchen. Jack then loaded me up. He then finished and we all sat at the table together.

"Ro- I mean mummy. Does the baby make me a big sister?"

"Of course Josephine! Why would you ask that?", I ate another mouthful.

"Be because because", she started to stutter with her words, "cause your not my real mummy!", she screamed. My heart then got torn out of my chest. I could only sit there while she went on a rampage.

"Josie, Rose is your mummy", Jack tried to talk to her calmly.

"NO! NO SHES NOT! MY MUMMY LEFT ME AND DIED!", she got up and screamed and cried.

"Josie listen sweetheart", Jack tried to touch her. She then screamed at the top of her lungs. We all blocked our ears and closed our eyes. But when we opened she was gone.

"JACK!", we immediately went to the front door to find her. She ran across the road and unto the pier where people were everywhere, "JACK!"

"Stay close to me Rose. You and Jack stay here. I'll go find her and make this right. I promise", Jack then kissed me and went in search of her. I just sat on a bench and thought about what had just happened.

"Why did Josie run away mummy? Didn't she want the baby? Cause I do! I'll be the best big brother", she then cuddled me and put his head on my stomach.

"I love you Jack", I kissed him staring to cry, "Josie just very sick at the moment. You know that right?", he nodded in my arms, "we're trying Jacks. Mummy try-", I then started to cry. He then hopped up and hugged me, "oh Jack. Oh Jack!", I hugged him back.

"It's ok mummy. She'll get there", he wiped a tear from my eye.

"I hope so Jack. I really hope so", I then hugged and kissed him again.

"I can't find her Rose!", Jack came running back all sweaty, "I'm sorry. I can't", he puffed out of breath. I just nodded, "she'll be back before dark. She knows what the time is. She just needs some time alone. That's all", I then somehow got up and we walked back home.