Chapter 24

Roses pov

The next few days we settled in the house. We also took the kids to the pier and we went out for dinner. They went around the roller coaster loads of times. I only went on twice before I had enough and felt sick.

The rest of day I sat on the beach taking up some rays while both of the Jacks were in the water playing, splashing, and tackling in the ocean.

"Why won't you go in the water Josie?", I asked her as she sat beside me building sandcastles.

"Cause it's cold and rough", she responded.

"But how do you know if you won't go in?", I wanted her to leave me and play with her family.

"Then why don't you?", she fired back at me. I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown. She then continued playing and didn't say or look at me.

"Because I just can't at the moment", was my lame excuse telling her that I'm pregnant. Either thou she doesn't know/remember anymore. "What about you?", I wanted to know her childish excuse.

"I've heard a story about a ship that sunk. It was really cold and dark. Many people died", tears welled in my eyes knowing what she was talking about.

"Do you know anything else about the ship? Like where you might of heard it from", I asked knowing that me and Jack told her we met on the grandest ship in the world. And that many people died that night and it was very dark and cold and all you could see was the stars.

"N n n no. I just know"

"Did daddy tell you or your mum? Do you remember her?", then she shook her head.

"The ship was the Titanic", I'm done. I go up and stormed in the water up to my knees.

"Rose! Get out of the water!", Jack ordered me out. I then grabbed him and cried into his golden brown tanned chest. "It's alright. It's alright", he held me in his arms. He then looked onto the beach to see Josie still playing in the sand. "Alright. I think it's time to go", Jack then lead me out of the water and gave me a towel to keep warm. We then went up to the pier and Jack got everyone ice cream. Josephine tried to read the flavours out but she can't. Her brother Jack did thou. He told her the best flavours to try. Well he's going better than me. We then stayed a bit longer at the pier till it was time to go back home for dinner and bed.

********

"Alright let's talk about this ok?", Jack sat on our bed.

"No. I'm not in the mood Jack. Jack Dawson Jr does it better me", I started to cry from my out of control hormones .

"It's ok", Js k out his hands on my shoulders.

"No! It's not ok Jack! ITS NOT OK!", I wept, "I want my little girl back", he pulled me into his arms after my little rage.

"I know you do. You want what's best for her. As well as us. I love and admire you for that", his hand then skimmed over the baby, "but this can't be changed. It can't be undone. Trust me if I had the choice to reverse this, I would! But we can't. You jump I jump remember? We have to be a team Rose. We have to help her. That's the best we can do for her", he cupped my cheek before he kissed me and forced me to lie on the bed. "I love you Rose", his face hovered and hair dangled in front of me.

"I love you too", I then wrapped my arms around his neck and entwined my fingers in his hair. That was the last thing I remembered on that day. It was the best thing on that day.