Chapter 12

Jack (seniors) Pov

I just sat at my desk overlooking what Jack and Josephine were doing. How did I even manage to have them? Eight years I've missed out on their lives. Eight years and it has gotten to the point where they come home with blood, dark purple bruises and scares, crying their eyes out for help and to make the pain go away. Eight years it took me to find Rose, and to find out that she had been raising our children by herself! But one thing for sure. Dawson's have peculiar jobs and are exceptionally good at art.

"Alright portfolios and pencils out and get ready to draw", I got up from my desk grabbing a piece of chalk and making my way up to the black board. "We're going to learn to shade properly creating a 3D image"

**

Walking along the footpath besides my kids who don't know who I truly was yet. I began to think of my life and Roses life. Together and what we had done throughout the years without each other. It must of been hard for her. I know I was for me. How am I.. How are we going to break it to these kids that their father isn't dead. But alive. And it just turns out to be me, their detention and art teacher. Oh boy. We are all in for a big rough night.

Josephine's Pov

"Mummy!", me and Jack ran to her kissing and cuddling her.

"Hey what about you two go upstairs and get changed out of your school clothes and have a bath", we then both agreed with her and went to our room. Me and Jack then both grabbed our pyjamas and ran across the hall to the bathroom. Jack then forgot something and ran back quickly seeing Jack and mummy kissing. Mummy then came up and turned the bath on for us before going downstairs and making dinner.

After the bath I followed Jack down the stairs and sat on them quietly watching Jack and mummy not stop kissing.

"Oh the oven Jack", mummy pulled away from his face fetching dinner. Jack then turned around and saw us. He is embarrassed.

"Jack, Josephine. Why don't you come down and sit at the dinner table", he offered us. We then walked down keeping an eye on him from touching mummy.

Jack (seniors) Pov

"Josephine eat your veggies like Jack", Rose tried to feed Joe. While me and Jack just kept eating. But she wouldn't budge. And Rose was getting fed up.

"Josephine what if I tell you my story on the biggest ship in the world and my girlfriend", I winked at Rose, "then will you promise to eat", I bargained with her.

"Oh Jack please continue on with your story", she begged me.

"No. Not until you promise to eat your vegetables", I set my rules out for her, "do you promise? Or are you going to go without food and my story for tonight?" , she then started to think about her options.

"I promise Jack, I promise I will eat my vegetables. Now I want you to tell us the rest of the story", she said excitedly.

"Well.. I was on the biggest grandest ship in the world. Sailing from Southhampton in England to New York. And on that ships journey. I met and fell in love with a girl", I then quickly looked up at Rose, "she had red firely curly hair, pale porcelain skin, and had these gorgeous big gemstone eyes. That would of been worth thousand of dollars that I got to look into every time I laid my eyes on her. She was funny and a very strong women that knows what she wants and needs. And she wasn't afraid", I described Rose their mother.

"Well what happened next?", Josephine asked.

"What happened next? Well I'll tell you what happened next. We went flying into the sunset!", I bounced out of my seat, "we started running around the lower decks together", I ran around the table, "getting chased by a man named Spicer Lovejoy", I said scarily to young Jack Jr, "but we kept running and we eventually lost him", I started to slow down and make my was back to my chair,