Bandits

Carls POV:
Brooke went to check the front of my hair to make sure that it was even. She bent down, and I glanced into her eyes, but instead of her looking away she stared into mine. I could see her blush when she turned her head. Seeing her blush made me blush. Wait what? You don't like her. Yeah you do. Shut up!

I woke up the next morning starving. I checked the cabinets but all I found was dog food. Brooke was still sleeping so I decided to go out on a run.

Brooke's POV:
I woke up around 8:00 to the sound of something banging on the door. 'Probably walkers.' I thought to myself and got my gun out prepared to find walkers behind the door. I walked around and peeked out the back door but it wasn't walkers.

Carls POV:
I cleared a few houses and was on my way back when I noticed a truck parked outside the front of the house. I quickly hid behind a tree when a man walked out the front door. "Brooke." I whispered to myself which caused him to look in my direction. 'Dammit.' I thought to my self as I readied my gun. A scream came from the house and he ran back in. I ran up to the house and climbed in the bathroom window. I peered out the bathroom door and didn't see anyone so I walked to the next room. That's when I saw Brooke tied up without a shirt on.

Brooke's POV:
I walked back into the house slowly backing up until I hit a metal pan and it fell off the counter. I turned around and ran but one of the men caught me. "Look what I found boys." He yelled winking at me. "You gotch your self a pretty one." Said another man. I spit in the mans face. "You little bitch." I kicked him in the balls and headed for the door. He tackled me and dragged me upstairs by my hair. He layed me on the bed and took my shirt off. "No please don't. Plea-" I was caught off by a scream from downstairs. He tied my hands with a rope and stuffed a cloth in my in my mouth. I sat there for a moment and noticed a figure standing at the door. I started crying as he came closer but quickly stopped noticing it was Carl. He ran over to me and put his hand on my should and a finger to his mouth signaling for me to be quiet. He took the cloth out of my mouth and helped me to my feet. We ran to the bathroom window and shut the door behind us. He climbed down first holding his arms out to catch me. I jumped and came down on top of him. I couldn't get up because my hands were still tied behind my back so he rolled me off of him and cut the ropes with his pocket knife. We starting running immediately towards the forest and didn't look back.

Carl's POV:
After a while of walking in the woods I noticed that Brooke still didn't have a shirt on. I took off my button up flannel and handed it to her. She looked at the flannel and then at her self and jumped. She quickly took the flannel and put it on her. It got really quiet after that. Breaking the silence I asked shyly," D-did they, you know-" "No." She said without looking at me. "Oh." I started to hear moaning and groaning so I turned around to see about 50 walkers.

Brooke's POV:
Carl grabbed my arm and whisper yelled, "Get down now!" I turned around and there was probably about 50 walkers behind us. We starting running towards the rail road tracks when I tripped over a log. I heard a crunching sound that came from my ankle. Carl ran back and picked me up bridal style. He looked around for a moment and noticed a cabin not to far from here. He started running towards it, and when he finally reached it he opened the door and locked it behind him. He placed me on a couch and went to go check out the place. "There's one bed room with one bed." "I'll sleep on the couch. It's fine." "No, I will. You sprained your ankle, you're sleeping in that bed got it?" He said in a stern voice. I nodded.

I woke up the next morning with a major head ache. Carl was sitting on the floor twiddling his fingers. "Please don't ever leave me again." He turned around and gave me a look that had sorry written all over. "I won't, I promise." "What are we going to do today?" "I was think we could take the day off and just hang around the house." He said glancing at me and then back to the ground. "Sounds good to me." "I'm gonna go take a shower." I said getting up and walking to the bathroom. It was my first real shower in almost 10 months. I just sat there on the shower floor letting the water run down my face. After about an hour I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me covering my boobs and everything down. I walked out into the hall and bumped into Carl. "I'm so sorry!" He said quickly walking away. His cheeks were flushed with red. I chuckled a little and headed to the room to change. After I got done I walked into the kitchen in an attempt to find food. When I walked past the trash can I noticed blood on the ground that followed a trail up to the top off the trash can. I looked inside to see a dead little girl around Carter's age. I slowly backed away breathing heavily. I put my hands on my head and sat on the couch next to Carl. "I'm guessing you found what's in the trash can?" "Mhmm." I said with my eyes closed. I felt my cheeks get watery and knew what was about to happen. I ran into the bathroom and hovered over the toilet. I felt someone pull my hair out of my face. "Thanks." I mumbled in between puking. "I get the couch tonight," I said on my way to the couch. He stood there with his arms crossed.

Carls POV:
I was too tired to argue so I just walked to the bed room. I was starting to fall a sleep when I heard someone's voice call my name. "Carl?" Brooke said with a raspy voice. "Yeah." I mumbled. "I had a bad dream." I started to fall back asleep but was suddenly wide awake when she said,"About Carter." I turned over to look at her face. It was pale and tears were pouring down her cheeks. She stood at the doorway and started to turn around, but I jumped out of bed and grabbed her hand. I quickly pulled away not knowing how she would react. "You can sleep in here with me. I'll sleep on the foot of the bed." She nodded and we got into the bed quickly falling asleep. I woke up to someone standing over me. I slowly opened my eyes. "Come on. I already packed your stuff so let's go." Brooke said tugging on my arm.