Chapter 30

"Put a gun to my head and, paint the walls with my brains-" I turned my car off, stopping the music mid-song. Since I had been hanging out with Hope more often, I had been listening to a lot of her music and I really enjoyed it. I pulled the keys out of the ignition, tucking them in my pocket as I climbed out of the car and shut the door.

I walk across the car park, towards the hell hole known as my high school. I didn't even bother bringing my backpack. I've literally given up on school. Not like I am going to be able to do anything with my life anyways, job market around here sucks.

I say a few hello's back to some people in the hallways, looking for someone I know. My eyes eventually land on Levi at his locker. We had actually talked a few times and were friends. I walk over to him and lean against the locker next to him.

"Hey Levi," I sigh, tired of being here already.

"Hey Louis, how's your morning been?" He asks, struggling with getting a textbook out of his cluttered locker. I shrug, not verbally answering. He stops tugging on his textbook and looks up at me.

"You alright? You seem a bit down lately." He lets me know of his observations. I shrug again.

"Eh, I don't know. I just feel numb to everything nowadays. I just go through the motions of things. I don't actually feel anything unless I'm with Harry, and even then we are just friends. I've been over thinking things too much also. Like, what's the point in anything, anymore? We as humans don't really live, we are born and raised to learn for the first twenty years of life and then work until we die. What's the point? My mind is a jumbled mess, I have spent way too much time thinking. I don't even participate in conversations at lunch anymore." I sigh again, dropping my head to the side so it bangs off the locker. The slight pain disappearing within seconds.

"Have you been taking your meds?" I scoff and roll my eyes. Of course he would ask that. But in truth, I haven't taken them in almost two weeks.

"Really, Levi? Must you be so quick to jump to conclusions? And yes, I have been taking them." I lie to him, not wanting him to chastise me about it.

Levi opened his mouth to say something but closed it when Harry came up to the two of us, "Hey guys!"

We greeted him back and Harry started telling us a story about how a girl out in the car park just fell and they think she broke her leg. I received a look from Levi saying our conversation wasn't over, but it really was.

The shrill sound of the bell ringing bounced around the hallways, letting us know we should be heading to class now. Lockers slamming shut, sneakers squeaking, and goodbyes being shouted over shoulders. Levi managed to get his textbook out of his locker, waving goodbye to Harry and I. I pushed myself off the locker I was leaned against, walking the opposite direction of Levi.

"You alright, Lou? You seem a bit off the past few days." Harry noted, walking beside me to our music class.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit out of it ya know?" I shrugged again, sticking my hands in my pockets. I wish people would stop being so observant.

"Just wondering." He responded quietly. We continued to slowly walk to class, the only sound heard was our feet quietly padding the ground, the occasional brush of our shoulders. Occasionally we were bumped by another student passing by. We were almost to the music room when I stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Lou?" Harry stopped in front of me, looking me in the eyes, searching them almost.

"Wanna skip today?" I blurt out. I really don't want to be here. I don't like more than half the kids here. I am failing almost every class anyway. Like I said earlier, I don't really care about school anymore.