Chapter 2

I woke up to my mum screaming profanities at me through the door she was pounding on. Lovely. I rolled out of bed and onto my bare feet. I was immediately hit with a wave of nausea, almost loosing my dinner from last night right then.

I stood there, clutching my stomach, for a good few minutes before it passed. I then proceeded to take a shower in my joined bathroom and got dressed. I gathered all of my things that I needed for school before heading back into my bathroom to put my contacts in.

Walking back into my room, my mum had stopped pounding on my door so I assumed she had given up. I grabbed my bag off my bed and unlocked my door. I slowly poked my head out of my room to find the hallway empty. I quickly left my room and ran down the stairs, out the front door.

I walked to school in peace, until I was two minutes away from school, where I was joined by one of my all time favorite people in the world. Note the sarcasm.

"Why do you even bother coming to school faggot? You're already smart enough, but obviously to stupid to realize you should just go kill yourself. Nobody will ever love you, your mum probably doesn't even love you. She probably hates you, wishes she had an abortion with you." Zayn seethed next to me. I just kept my head down low, fighting the tears that were pricking at my eyes. It's too early in the morning for this, and it doesn't help that what he just said hit home. He's right, my mum has told me before that she wishes she would have aborted me. She hates me for being a disappointment to her because I'm gay. It doesn't matter to her if I am smart or not.

"Look, the poor baby is going to cry now! Boo hoo hoo!" he taunted as we stepped onto school grounds. He pushed me into a bush and laughed. Walking away he said, "Honestly, can you be any more pathetic?"

I fought back my tears, pushing myself out of the bush. I felt another wave of nausea but ignored it as I walked to class, trying to ignore the names I was being called. Once I was in English, I sat down up front and took out my notebook, waiting for class to begin.

My English class was honestly the best class of the day because I didn't have it with Zayn or Louis. The only down side was that my teacher, well, she shouldn't be a teacher. Mrs. Stiffler was an older lady that was round as could be and waddled instead of walked. She wore old lady yoga pants all the time and her short hair was dyed hot pink. She never taught us anything either, she was always talking about her greyhounds instead. One time, she told us this whole elaborate story that took the whole period about what her dogs do when she's not home with them. She told us that they get online and play poker and chat with other dogs. Mrs. Stiffler even told us that her dogs talk to her. So, as you can see, she isn't the best person to have as a teacher. (A/N: Sorry about this but I actually had a teacher like this no joke so thanks Stiffler for giving me a 'lil bit of inspiration here! aha she got fired i think... no one knows what happened to her but she did come in as a substitute teacher the other day... anyways back to the story..)

Our teacher came waddling in, crying with a box of tissues in hand. There were groans throughout the class because we all knew what this meant. One of her dogs had died. It happened before a few years ago and apparently she almost lost her job because of it. We all honestly knew it was going to happen soon because she kept telling us about how Jeffery was old and in pain and wasn't eating.

"You all can have a free period today." She sniffled out before blowing her nose and waddling to her desk. I zoned out for the rest of the period, the bell breaking me out of it.

I left class and went to my locker to get next classes books. As I put my English stuff in to grab my math stuff, my locker was slammed shut by a tan hand.

"What the hell do you think you're doing homo?" Louis glared at me. I kept my head low as I opened my locker again.

"I'm talking to you nerd! Answer me when I ask you something, got it?" He grabbed ahold of the collar of my dress shirt and shoved me against the lockers. He pulled a fist back and punched me in the eye. Pulling his fist back again before connecting it with my jaw. He finally let me go and walked away after spitting out, "Next time I ask you something, you better answer."

I picked up my dropped books and headed to math class. Sadly, I had this class with Louis and Zayn. It really sucks too, because the teacher makes us sit in alphabetical order according to our last names so Louis sits right behind me. He usually pulls on my hair, sticks things in it or just hits me in the back of the head with spit balls.

As soon as I walked into class, the teacher stopped me. "Oh my, Mr. Styles! Are you feeling alright? You look really pale!" Mr. Quinn exclaimed. I nodded and headed to my seat. He followed me to my seat and as soon as I sat down, he was asking more questions.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look like you're going to be sick any second now. You need to go to the nurse. Louis! Take Harry here to the nurse." Both Louis' and I's eyes bulged when Mr. Quinn said this. There is no way in hell that he is taking me to the nurse.

"No!" Louis shouted. Mr. Quinn gave Louis a 'look' and in a matter of seconds, he was up and grabbing my books for me and walking out of the classroom. That's the good thing about Mr. Quinn, he was an awesome but if you said or did something out of line, Mr. Quinn stopped you. Even when it came to the 'bad boys' in school, they all obeyed him.

I got up from my seat, not winning this fight and trailed after Louis, hearing Mr. Quinn shout out a 'Get better soon Harry!'. As soon as we got into the hallway, Louis grabbed my collar and slammed me against the lockers, causing me to let out a groan. My head bounced off the wall, worsening my headache. Louis' fist collided with my stomach which made me almost get sick all over him, but I swallowed it back.

"This is all your fault that you're getting the shit beat out of you. If you weren't sick I would still be in there, putting spit wads in your hair." He growled through clenched teeth as his fist collided with my jaw.

"I-I'm s-sorry," I choked out before wiggling my way out of his grip and running to the bathroom across the hall. I knew it was a bad idea, running away from him, but I wasn't going to get sick all over him and end up even more hurt.

As soon as I was in the bathroom, I dropped to my knees in a stall and let out the Mac 'n cheese from last night. As I was vomiting, the bathroom door opened and someone stomped in to the stall I was in. I immediately knew it was Louis.

"Shit, you really are sick. I thought you were faking it to get away from me and Zayn." He told me. I shook my head then threw up again. When I had finally emptied my stomach, I flushed the toilet and leaned back against the stall wall. I groaned at my stomach pain and threw an arm over my eyes, the light too much for the pounding headache I was sporting. I jumped when Louis spoke again, due to the fact that I thought he left me alone already.

"Right, well we need to get you to the nurse. Wash up first though." He actually sounded concerned, like he was trying to help me. I took my arm off of my face and looked at him funnily. There's got to be something he's up to.

I slowly stood up, trying not to throw up again, using the wall in the process. I washed my hands and face in the sink before Louis lead me out of the bathroom and to the nurse in silence. Once we entered the nurses office, Louis standing behind me, the nurse gasped, taking in my pale appearance and new bruises. Mrs. Krisher is like a real mum to me. I see her almost every day, and she knows everything. She knows about my mum and Louis and Zayn. Of course, it's her job to ask what happened, but it's her that actually cares about me. She is the only one in my life that does care about me besides my sister.

"Oh Harry, dear! What happened this time? Was it Louis or Zayn? You look sick too. Come sit down Harry, while I take your temp." She gasped a second time when I stepped away and revealed a concerned looking Louis. She pointed a finger accusingly at him, walking over and poking him in the chest, "Why do you do this to the poor boy?! And then to have the nerve to even show up here, acting as if you really care about his health and safety. What you and Zayn do to him is horrible! Harry is in here at least twice a day because of you, if not his mother! Why must you pick on someone that's different? I am ashamed to even say I know you and that I'm your school nurse." She ranted then turned away, giving me ice for my black eye and a thermometer to stick in my mouth.

She came back over to me a few minutes later after putting me into the computer system and checked my temperature. She shook her head making a 'tsking' noise. She put away the thermometer and wrote something down, leaving Louis standing awkwardly by because he didn't go back to class and me waiting patiently to find out whats wrong.

Mrs. Krisher went to speak again as I felt another wave of nausea hit me. She saw and handed me a bucket as I let the last bits of my dinner go. She sighed, rubbing my back.

"It's nice to see you have something in your stomach for once to actually throw up." She said after I finished.

"My mum was out last night so I was able to eat a little bit, but obviously it didn't stay down. I'll be lucky enough to eat again in a couple days my lunch doesn't get knocked on the floor or myself." I mumbled, rubbing my temples.

"Is she home now? Because sadly, you can't stay here, you have to go home, you have a temperature. I don't really want to send you home though because I know life is pretty hard there but I can't keep you, you might get another student sick." She informed me.

"No, I don't think so. I think she went out again this morning, doing only god knows what. I hope she isn't home, I want to try and eat again, or sleep." I said, swallowing the tablets she gave me for my headache with a small cup of water.

"Your gonna need someone to drive you home though, unless you're walking? Who should I ask?" She questioned, and for the first time since entering the nurses office, Louis spoke up.

"I can take him. I know you probably don't trust me taking him, but I'm right here and I wouldn't try and hurt him while he's sick. That's just wrong." He tried offering. Mrs. Krisher eyed him, trying to decide whether or not to trust him. Something is seriously up. This is gotta be some sick way of getting me away from everyone so he can beat me up.

She sighed before walking back to her desk and picking up the phone. "Hello, this is Mrs. Krisher in the nurses office. I'm calling to let you know that Louis Tomlinson is taking an ill Harry Styles home for the day." There was a pause before she spoke again, "Okay, thank you. Goodbye." She then hung up and turned to Louis.

"If I find out that you lay so much as a finger on him while he is in this state, so help me, I am not afraid to loose this job to protect this boy. Now get out of here." She spat out at him before turning to me and sweetly telling me goodbye and wishing me well.

I got up from the chair and awkwardly followed Louis to my locker so I could get my things and then outside, where I started to walk towards my house, leaving Louis behind. Just my luck, it was raining too.

"Where are you going?" He shouted after me over the pouring rain, still standing by the school.

"Home," I shouted back, turning to look at him, "Why does it matter to you?"

"I meant what I said back there, I won't hurt you and I will take you home." He tried telling me as I turned on my heel and started walking again.

"What makes you think I want to get in a car with you? Plus, I thought you were only using this as an excuse to get out of school." I shouted back, still walking away. I heard a frustrated groan and then a car door open and close, ending with the car starting. I kept walking with my head down. A car drove up and kept its pace with me, causing me to look up and see it was only Louis.

"Get in the car, Harry." I stopped dead in my tracks, Louis still slowly driving. That's the first time he has ever called me Harry. Hell, that's the first time I've heard anyone call me Harry in a long time besides Mrs. Krisher and Gemma, my sister. I'm so used to being called things like faggot, stupid, idiot, nerd, queer, homo, and so much more, that I forgot what it's like to be called by my actual name. Is that sad?

I was so self absorbed with my thoughts, I didn't even notice I had started crying or the fact that Louis had parked his car and was now standing in front of me. I broke out of my thoughts when he reached out of to grab ahold of my chin so I would look at him, resulting in me flinching away. I screwed my eyes up real tight, hoping the punch that was coming wouldn't hurt so bad, but it never came. I slowly opened one eye and looked at a shocked looking Louis.

"P-please just get it over w-with and p-punch me." I pleaded, closing my eyes again. My teeth were chattering from the cold rain that was still pouring down on us, and I'm pretty sure I am shaking like a leaf, due to being scared, frozen to the bone, and having a fever.

"Hey, open your eyes. Why are you crying Harry?" He said gently, actually looking like he wanted to know. I shook my head and pulled away from him, pushing past him to keep walking. He grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him.

"Get in the car, I am taking you home." He demanded, pushing me towards his car. I really did not want to get in the car with him, but I guess I couldn't escape from that now. I got into his car, soaking wet might I add, as he got in and started the car, turning he heat up all the way. Before pulling onto the road, he turned and looked at me.

"What does your mum do to you that makes you go to the nurse? I think I have an idea but I just want to make sure I'm right." Right now, I am cursing Mrs. Krisher for even mentioning my mum in front of him.

"She abuses you, doesn't she?" He questioned. I stayed silent, answering his question.

"Fuck," he breathed out, "I am taking you to my house instead. My mums a nurse so she can fix you or whatever then you are leaving. Don't think this will make me stop beating you." I nodded my head slowly, shocked at what he just said. I mean, I expected him to keep bullying me, but to take me to his house? That's uncalled for and unexpected.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
A/N: Hey guys, this chapter is just like a filler or whatever ya wanna call it. Next chapter is from Louis' POV so ya get to see whats going on in that fabulous mind of his. Anyways, thanks for reading! Vote and or comment! I love feedback! Don't forget I update every Monday! (or at least try too around then like Sunday nights) That's all for now! Stay weird. Xx