Chapter 12: "A Friend Meets A Foe"

Start from the beginning

"Why not? Didn't you two figure it out after that last protest you dragged me to?" You replied with narrowed eyes.

"I knew something was up with you! You're just as bad as Maia, you've been brainwashed by those piece of trash monsters." Grace growled.

"I haven't been brainwashed by anyone!" You snapped in response.

"Yes you have! You're just too simpleminded to see that you have been." Grace spat.

"Woah, woah, girls, break it up." An all too familiar voice spoke.

You slowly turned to see Austin standing right behind you, his spiky blonde hair gently blowing in the breeze. A grin was plastered on his face and he chuckled as he popped the collar of his black leather jacket. He stuck a hand in his pocket looked over you and Grace.

"So, I see you have a cute friend? Is she taken?" He asked as he stroked his stubbly beard with his hand.

"I am taken by my wonderful girlfriend." Grace replied with a small blush as she puffed out her cheeks.

"Aw, that's too bad. You're a gorgeous gal, she's really lucky to have you." He replied.

"Oh, uh... I need to talk to your friend in private for a bit if that's alright." He added.

"Oh, sure. We were parting ways anyway." Grace replied.

You shot Grace a pleading glance and she instantly saw it, "A-actually, I just remembered I had to talk to her about something." She quickly said as she grabbed your wrist.

"Aw, alright... I'll just have to 'catch' her later." He spoke with a deep chuckle as he slowly backed away and turned around.

"You two have a nice day, alright?" He added as he walked off.

Grace made sure Austin was gone before she let go of your wrist. "Don't expect me to help you again, (Y\N)." She grumbled.

"Fine," You spoke through clenched teeth, rage was present in your (e\c) gaze yet again.

Grace turned from you and stormed away, "Have a nice day." she grumbled.

"You too, Grace." You muttered in response as you started making your way home again.

-------------------------------------

You flopped down on your couch and grumbled, Grace had put you in an especially foul mood. You just wished you could rage to someone about it, but you really didn't have anyone to talk to.

You had just received Papyrus' phone number today and you didn't want to bother him, so you'd just continue drawing the picture for Mrs. Agatha.

You took a deep breath and pulled out your phone, putting your music on shuffle and picking up your sketchbook off the coffee table where you had left it. You gently untucked the pencil from inside the ring binder and started leaving gentle strokes on the paper to make the cat look more realistic. You were attempting to draw the texture of fur, which was very difficult with a simple graphite pencil.

You slowly gave the cat it's snowshoe markings and you suddenly jumped when your music was interrupted by the sound of your phone ringing. You picked it up and quickly glanced at the caller ID, Audrey was calling. You knew this wouldn't be a very happy phone call, you reluctantly answered it with a simple, "Hello?" and waited for the lambasting to start.

"So, Grace told me what you said." Audrey started, her voice was emotionless.

"Oh, did she now?" You muttered in response before you turned your phone on speaker and set it down so you could draw while you talked.

"How could you be so stupid?! You actually trust those creatures?!" She suddenly hissed angrily.

"Yes, I do in fact trust them. They are some of the most kind and compassionate people I've ever met." You responded nonchalantly.

"(Y\N), they aren't people! They are monsters and I never want you to call them people ever again, got it?!" Audrey growled.

"Audrey, you do not control what I say and do. I make my own decisions and I think that your bigotry of my opinion is downright sickening." You responded furiously.

"You listen here, you monster lover, don't you ever speak to me like that again!" Audrey yelled.

"I'll speak to you how I want to!" You replied to her while clenching your first.

"(Y\N), look at the facts! The monsters are bad and need to go back under that mountain, they were locked down there for a reason!" Audrey hissed.

"What facts?! The fact that the human race is a repulsive species? I don't understand why we're so full of hate!" You responded with an angry tone.

"The human species is superior, that's why we're at the top of the food chain!" Audrey spoke with an annoyed tone.

"What the hell does the food chain have to do with anything?!" You asked her while being completely fed up with her nonsense.

Audrey let out an annoyed grumble and she sighed slightly, "Alright, well you can have your own stupid opinion I suppose but, don't you ever dare talk to me or Grace again unless you change your opinion." She spoke with venom present in her voice.

"Fine! I don't need to talk to such hateful people anyway! I'm so glad I accepted that job at Muffet's, I'd rather be with those 'monsters' than a terrible person like you any day!" You replied angrily.

"You're gonna regret this, (Y\N). I know you'll regret it because soon these beasts will show their true nature and you'll be caught up amongst the chaos." Audrey responded.

"The only thing I'll ever regret is knowing you." You spat.

"I hope you enjoy your time with those savages, (Y\N)." Audrey replied coldly.

"I hope you'll soon see what Grace and I are fighting for. Goodbye, traitor." She hissed before hanging up the phone angrily.

As soon as she hung up, you looked down sadly as your music began to play again. You quickly grabbed your phone and paused the music as tears began to well up in your eyes. You had known them for years now and all of the sudden, two of your best friends had vanished from your life. You took ragged breaths as you ran your hands through your (h\c) hair, today had surely taken a turn for the worst.

You put your hand into your pocket and pulled out the phone number Papyrus had given you and quickly punched his number into your phone. You needed someone to talk to about all this, you didnt know how to react, had you done the right thing?

As you waited for him to pick up, tears started dropping down your cheeks. You quickly wiped your eyes tried to stop crying, but the tears just kept coming. You didn't want him to hear you cry, you didn't want to be remembered for that. He'd likely never forget the moment you broke down while talking to him. You couldn't let him see you as some sack of emotions, you needed to stay strong.

"hello?" His familiar raspy voice spoke though the speaker on your phone.