Chapter 8

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
Slight mention of abusive past

***

After the small facade, Tadashi headed off to college as I sat in the café. Hiro was in his room doing some nerdy stuff. My day has been tense so far since those texts. Aunt Cass came over with a blueberry muffin on a plate as she set it down in front of me.

"Would you like to help behind the counter?" Looking up at her I nod. She leads me over to the counter. She shows me the pastries as a bell rings throughout the room. A man with dirty blond hair and green orbs came in looking a bit worried.

"Welcome to the Lucky Cat Café!" He comes over to the counter and asks Aunt Cass in a kind of stressed voice, "Is (F/n) (L/n) here?!" Aunt Cass' face looks a bit startled as she looks over at me with my hood on and my face covered.

I whistle innocently as Aunt Cass puts her hands on her hips and bores into my soul. "(F/n)...." Turning around slowly I look at her. "Y-Yes..?"

Her gaze narrows on me as the guy looks at me. His eyes widen at the sight of me. He runs around the counter and over to me as he stops in front of me.

"I'm sorry I've never been able to meet you! Mom always pushed me away. She never wanted to see me again so she kicked me out of the house. Are you okay? I heard about mom and...Nick and Ryan..."

At the mention of their names I flinch. "Once I heard you were still in San Fransokyo, I rushed to moms. I saw you at the door and I was happy you were okay. Just mom kept me away. I lived with mom until you were 4. Every night new men and me watching and protecting you. Then she finally kicked me out. I'm so happy you're okay!"

At some point when he was talking, tears formed in his eyes. It was a lot to take in but I'm used to that. He opened his arms and pulled me into a bear hug as I hugged back. Looking back I remember a younger version of him at home.

He was always there with me. He taught me how to talk, heard my first word, how to walk, saw my first footsteps, and he always taught me things out of his textbooks. I remember everything.