III.

We approached a large castle on a mountain and entered a large pair of doors that were guarded by knights in ebony armor.

Everything held a dark aura in the massive place, the architecture a blur of Gothic and Persian, and the decorum various shades from the grayscale.

Horace lead me to the throne room where a choir was singing and an orchestra was playing music as the queen sat there nodding along with a small smile.

The tune was dark and full of melancholy, but the vocals seemed to have an angelic tone.

"This is nice." I whispered.

A violinist shot me a small smile before focusing on the music before him.

I refocused on the queen after watching the prince stare at her, mouthing something to her with the tiniest smile.

Her smile fell as soon as she saw me staring.

The prince turned to look at what had bothered his mother, and narrowed his eyes at me

He stood up and Horace took a knee.

My jaw dropped slightly as he walked down the stairs, the music darkening as he approached me.

I paled as he got closer before offering him a small smile.

"Why are you smiling?" He growled, his hickory brown eyes had a crimson sparkle as they degraded me with each passing second.

"Am I not supposed to be polite to every one I meet?"

He sneered. "Polite?" He stepped closer, his lips curled up in a manner that would intimidate most.

"Well would you prefer that I be ill to you?"

He stared into my eyes before raising his hand as if to strike me. I stared at his hand before staring at him. "I want you to kneel."

"I've injured my foot... If I kneel I won't be able to get back up-"

He knocked me off of my feet with a hard kick to the back of my knees, his hand catching my wrists in one fluid motion. "I did not ask if you could kneel or not." He spat. "I told you to kneel."