nineteen » coward

Start from the beginning

I chuckled, noticing he wasn't really paying much attention to me, but rather his chicken leg. I didn't blame his lack of awareness. We had been waiting a long time for this meeting to start. And Clarke and Lexa had been talking for about ten minutes now, so nobody really knew what was happening.

"I'm gonna try and find her," I said, before raising an eyebrow. "You all good here?"

His mouth was full but he managed to give me a thumbs up, earning another chuckle from me. Taking his word, I began to search for Octavia. Tondc was full of its residents, going about their lives, not at all intrigued by the clan leaders that had stopped by for a meeting.

As I searched the faces for Octavia, I realised it was very easy to recognise each of the clan leaders and know which clan they belonged to. I wondered if it was Lexa who once taught me that...

I tried to direct my thoughts elsewhere as I headed to the edge of the encampment to get a better view of everything. I scanned my surroundings, looking out for a familiar raven-haired girl. I wanted to talk with her about how things in Arkadia were going, since I hadn't been there in a while.

"Come on, Octavia, where are yo– ah!"

I grunted as someone grabbed my arm and pulled me around. My eyes widened when I saw Lexa stood there. She was wearing some sort of shawl on her head, disguising her slightly. Though, her entrancing green eyes gave her away instantly. I wondered what on Earth she was doing.

"Why are you dressed like that?" I immediately questioned, still utterly confused. "And why aren't you out there? Everybody is wondering where you disappeared to!"

"I'll explain, I promise, but you need to come with me," she said quickly yet calmly, and she seemed not at all fazed by the shock on my face.

Before I could even comment, she grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her, into the woods and away from camp. I debated pulling away and requesting an answer, but I knew this must have been important, so I allowed her to drag me to wherever. My curiosity was increasing by the second as we furthered away from camp. Soon enough, we stopped walking and met...

"Clarke?! What are you doing here?" I questioned, more confused than ever now. "What the hell is going on?"

She was wearing a shawl on her head, too, as if they were trying to disguise themselves from the others. This had something to do with why Clarke rushed in here, didn't it?

"Good, you've got her, now we need to go," Clarke said when she noticed me, though she was speaking to Lexa. "Quickly."

Lexa nodded, giving me an apologetic glance before attempting to pull me along, but I yanked my hand from her grasp, refusing to leave without an explanation.

"One of you better speak or I'm gone," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

They both seemed impatient, but nonetheless, Lexa nodded and glanced at Clarke.

"I received word from Bellamy that a missile will strike Tondc," the blonde explained quickly. "If we don't hurry, we'll die."

I raised my eyebrows with disbelief. "A missile? And you're not telling anyone?"

Lexa rolled her eyes, obviously itching to leave. "We don't have time for this, Y/N!" she hissed, it being very out of character for her. She must have been very impatient. "We need to leave!"

She tried to drag me along with her, but I refused and stood my ground. The thought of Lexa coming back for me came to mind for a split second, but I immediately got rid of it as I realised that despite how cute it was, it was selfish.