"No problem."

"So Jen, what are you cooking?"

"Sorry, Josh. Still can't tell." She smirked as she started pulling out the veggies.
"Where is a chopping board and the knives?"

"Um... chopping board should be here" he bent down and dug through a cabinet until he found one. "And knives should be...." he started digging through a draw. "Crap." I heard Josh whisper.

"Give me a second." He ran out of the kitchen and towards the back of the apartment. Jenna and I looked at each other in confusion then shrugged. We turned towards the door when we heard Josh coming back in.

"Here you go." He was wiping the knife off on his shirt then handed it to Jenna.

"Thanks?" She said more like a question.

"Why wasn't it in here?" I asked Josh curiously as he sat beside me.

"I-I hadn't unpacked it yet." He stared at his hands.

"Okay." I accepted his answer even though I was still skeptical of the whole thing. After several minutes of silence other then the chopping sound from Jenna cutting up vegetables, Josh decided to speak up,

"So, what do you guys want to do after supper?"

"Uhhh I don't know. Do you have any board games?"

"Ummm, I'll have to check. I might have Monopoly?"

"That game takes forever though, doesn't it?" Jenna asked as she put the vegetables into a pan on the stove.

"Yeah." I replied.

"I don't think I have anything else."

"Okay, well, we could always just talk since we don't know each other that well." I suggested.

"Yeah, I don't like having complete strangers in my house." Josh laughed a little.

"That sounds good." Jenna turned towards us.
"I hope you don't mind me raiding your kitchen for supplies, Josh." She started going through his cabinet looking for pans and cooking utensils.

"Nah, I don't mind."

We chatted for awhile more then moved to the living room when dinner was ready.

"So, what's for supper Jen?" I asked looking up at her.

"Well, tonight we are having chicken, breaded in my grandmas homemade chicken batter, mashed potatoes, and salad." She smiled as she sat down the plates.

"Wow, it looks delicious." Josh smiled at her.

"Well thanks."

"I'll go grab drinks. What does everyone want?" I ask as I stand up.

"Dr. Pepper please." Jenna looked up and smiled at me.

"And for you, Josh?"

"I'll have a Dr.Pepper as well."

"Coming right up." I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the drinks. I grabbed myself a Coke Zero because that would be less calories to have to burn off later. I stepped back into the living room and walked over to the couch, setting the drinks on the table and myself on the floor next to Jenna.

"Who wants to bless the food?" Josh asked looking at us.

"I will." Jenna raised her hand.

"Alright." Josh smiled.

We all bowed our heads as Jenna prayed. It's nice having friends with the same beliefs as you.

"Amen." Jenna looked up.

"Amen." Josh and I repeated at a volume that you could just barely hear.

About five minutes into them eating and me playing with my food Josh looks up at me,

"Tyler, please eat something."

"I'm not hungry." I sigh.

"Tyler.... it won't kill you to at least take a bite."

"What if I choke and die on the food? Then it would kill me."

"Please Tyler." He made eye contact with me.

"Tyler, it would mean the world to me if you would at least try it." Jenna pleaded for me to eat.

"Fine." I sigh in defeat and take a few bites of the salad and a bit or two of the chicken.

"Thank you." Jenna smiled.

"No, thank you. It's delicious." I sadly smile at her.

She looks down and blushed, "Thanks."

By the time we finish our little conversation everyone is done.

"Are you finished?" I asked Jenna as she looks up at me.

"Yep, thank you." She smiles as I pull away her plate and stack it on mine.

"What about you?" I look at Josh.

"I'm done but I can get mine, thanks though." He smiled.

We walk into the the kitchen area and place the plates in the sink.

" So Ty... do you like her?" He smirked at me.

"N-no." I stumbled on my words and blushed.

"Dude!" He yell whispered, " You totally like her!"

"Okay.. maybe just a little bit." I smiled.

"This is great, my two best friends in love." He put his arm around me and sighed.

I just shook my head and laughed at his remark.
"She doesn't like me."

"She totally does, I'll prove it to you by the end of the night." He did an evil smirk.

"Are you two love birds coming back or are you going to spend the rest of the night making out in the kitchen?" Jenna teased.

"Whatever, your just jealous that you aren't making out with him!" Josh said back as we walked into the living room. Jenna quickly looked down and blushed.

"Told ya." Josh whispered into my ear.

________________________________

Sorry it took me so long to publish, I've been super busy.

Next chapter will have some smut but don't worry, it will be pg 13, your little fangirl/boy eyes don't need to see that.

~ Petey Wentzy