𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Wonderful. You're here now, too." The vampire rolled her eyes with a bored tone of voice. "He called you over here to try and trigger some emotion in me, and get me to come back. But, I assure you, you're wasting your time, Caroline. I don't want to come back. I don't understand why you idiots can't accept that."

"Because we miss you, Evelyn. I miss you. You're my best friend!" Caroline's voice trailed off with a look of sadness in her eyes. "I miss you, and Bonnie. I'm grieving just like you're grieving for—"

Evelyn's eyes clapped dangerously onto Caroline's, almost as if she were challenging her to speak about Damon. "Don't you dare,"

The blonde vampire raised an eyebrow. "Don't what, Evelyn?"

"Don't use him in an attempt to trigger something in me, Caroline. You talk and talk about how Damon wouldn't wanna see me like this, well newsflash— the guy's dead." Evelyn viciously spat just as Stefan Salvatore stepped into view. "Well, would you look at that? Aren't I a lucky girl today? Getting all kinds of visitors."

"Evelyn." Stefan looked down at the floor in guilt. "I'm sorry."

"My God, you guys really are stupid, aren't you?!" The girl chuckled to herself, "Keep your Oscar-winning apology, pal. I really don't need, or want it."

"Fine." The Salvatore vampire shrugged. "Then, I'll apologize to you again once we've got you to turn your humanity back on."

"You've got more chance of getting Damon back from the dead than me turning my humanity back on. But, if it'll provide you guys with some light-hearted entertainment from your otherwise boring lives, go ahead." Evelyn smirked. "We both know your lives revolve around me, anyway."

"Shut up, Evelyn." Caroline snapped. "Why can't you just turn it back on? We can help you get through it. I promise."

"Are you dense?" The brunette vampire rolled her eyes, then laid herself down on the hardwood floor. "I don't want to."

"Care, let's just go— there's no point talking to her yet. Maybe once she's spent a little longer without blood, we'll come back." Stefan gave Evelyn one final look before he and Caroline headed off down the hall.

"Aw. Bye, friends! Same time tomorrow, yeah?" Evelyn waved sarcastically toward the door, then laid her head back against the hardwood floor. "Idiots."

After about ten minutes of being alone, Evelyn raised an eyebrow as she heard the sound of breathing at the threshold of the dorm room. She turned her head toward the door and noticed Luke Parker, who stood silently staring at her.

"Wow. I—" He stuttered, nervously as the vampire weakly got up to her feet.

"What's up, Luke? Never seen a starved vampire before?" Evelyn let a small chuckle escape her lips as she made her way to the threshold. "What exactly do I owe the displeasure?"

"I wanted to apologize to you, I feel like this is partly my fault, you know?" Luke shuffled with he stuffed his hands anxiously into the pockets of his jeans. "If I didn't stop the spell to bring people back from the Other Side, then—"

"You know, what? You're right. It is your fault." Evelyn snapped with a viciously look in her eyes, then her face fell. "I just— I guess the person that I've been blaming is myself, Luke. But, really, It's you."

"Evelyn, I really, really am sorry." Luke stuttered nervously with a guilty look in his eyes. "I swear if I could go back and change things somehow, I would do it in a heartbeat. I just wanted to keep my sister safe."

"I get it. I really do." Evelyn sighed heavily as she ran her hands through her hair. "Luke, if you mean what you said about being sorry, you'll take down this boundary spell, and let me walk out of here? Come on, I promise I won't hurt you."