Chapter 3: A Feud Between A Swordswoman And The Princess

Leonhart Avadonia's death

Since then, there was no one who offered one's opinion to the princess except a loyal subject who had served since her mother's period of rule. He was called "a commander of royal guards who has a name of lion". He was the only man that remonstrated with her and offered counsel to her to help the people. He was also a hero who had saved the kingdom before and still hold on power. Finally he and lieges who supported him unilaterally made a decision to save the people from hunger. The princess got angry because the meals at the royal palace became meager and the things went on behind her back. One night, she had the commander to come to her own room in the palace. On the next morning, there was his dead body at a riverside on the fringe of the kingdom and beside it "the servant who looked like the princess" was standing. Few hours later, "a girl in red clothes" dissolved in tears by the dead body. She secretly vowed revenge against the princess for her father..

Germaine's POV

"Has the Palace Barn thing already been exposed?"

"Maybe Germaine, Daddy might be coming to an end. If I die, I want you to be my successor."

That was father's last words

A year after Allen had left for the palace, Leonhart ordered me to sacrifice drinking wine because of the food shortage affecting the commoners until the hunger problem was resolved. The day before Princess Riliane's birthday, I got in a fight with some other men in the street, winning without an injury and cursing them out. The next night, I was alone at home wishing I could have a glass of wine, imagining the bottles of red wine being drunk by the aristocrats at the celebration. While wondering why  father sent Allen to the palace as a servant, rather than one of the Royal Guards, Leonhart returned home. I smelled him to make sure he didn't drink while he was gone.

The following morning.. I left home to visit the nearby riverbank.. *sigh*

I wash out my face.. and then i saw charlette "why are you here?" I asked

Chartette Langley is one of the maid in service of Princess Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche she is my closest friend

"N-Nothing!" huh?

and i was extremely shocked.. I saw my father lying down with a pool of blood

I picked up his body "D-Don't die!" i shouted

what's happening? I only see dark.. Is this death? No.. I'm not the one who is dead. Wait. FATHER!

and I just realised. I fainted

"G-Germaine.."

"Why? Chartette?! Who did this?" and I just suspected that the Daughter of evil was the one who killed him. I decided..

..

..

I wanted a revenge.. to kill Riliane

I won't forgive her.. I cut my long hair using my sword. 

I'm now the Daughter of Vengeance