9. Mr. Green's Story

Start from the beginning

This woman resembled a spark of fire, however, his father had taught him that if you get involved with a flame, you are bound to get burnt. He chose to chase this fire, not thinking about how he should compile it. His past had been full of faults and he wasn't about to let another being wrote on that list. She was indeed his mission.

Nevertheless, this woman was fond of dancing and every day he would peek from his window and watch her dance around on the street. It filled him with a grace he often got lost in as he let his mind drift with her movements. From the very beginning of their adventure, he was falling deeply in love with her.

However, there went weeks before he collected the guts to stand up like a man and go make conversation with her. To this day he still remembers the first sentence she spoke to him She said, "go away". She was indeed negative in that moment, nevertheless, he still thought she was too generous to trifle with him.

His affections of her only grew over the weeks, where they daily would make small conversations and he would even make her smile."

He gazed out in the empty air and smiled wider than before, which I had thought impossible. He ran a hand up his arm.

"Even though their relationship made progress, she would still not open up and illustrate any deep emotions before him. In other words, she was a very closed woman. He tolerated her lack of emotions for a while until the day came where he spoke his mind. He informed her about the lack of emotions she was showing. She did not like that at all.

As a result, she cut off their relationship completely for weeks and he was devastated for a good amount of time. One day she approached him as usual and asked him if he would mind if she sat down. He did not mind, he was quite glad that she had chosen to give him another opportunity.

The remaining days, she would approach him and ask to sit with him as he would study his book. They sat in a comfortable silence and thought to themselves. However, this woman was indeed also a very impatient woman and as her patient caught up with her, she confessed her attraction to him. He was indeed happy over hearing her untold love for him and as he confessed his own they only had one problem left to solve. Her father.

He did not give him his blessing for his daughter's hand. He was devastated and together with the young woman he begged for his blessing. Her father would lock her away, while he would come visit every day to beg for his blessing."

"That's kind of sad," I said, pulling my legs up under my chin. It reminded me of something I couldn't set a finger on.

"Indeed, but it had a purpose, I promise," Mr. Green answered, lifting his finger. I had figured out he was Mr. and Mrs. Green's love story, but I couldn't see Mrs. Green as a closed person, she had always been so friendly and talk-active with everyone in town.

"Let us proceed," he said, smiling at me.

"Let's."

"One day he had, had enough of her father and marched up to him with a stern face and already a conversation in his mind. He used fine and formal words to describe his feelings, to describe how he could not keep her from him."

Mrs. Green came wandering in with three cups of tea and a friendly smile. "Telling our story to the little lady?" she asked as she set the cups down on the coffee table.

"Indeed, my love, it is quite a lovely story, however, I am not finished yet," he answered reaching for his tea and taking a deep sip. "Lovely as always."

He looked down at the berry red colored tea and inhaled the amazing smell.

"Thanks, darling," Mrs. Green said, kissing him on the cheek. "Please keep telling, I'll just sit here." Mrs. Green sat beside her husband, leaning back and making herself comfortable.

"I will." Mr. Green sat down his cup and stretched out his arms.

"After her father had heard his speech he was stunned and without a second of doubt he gave his blessing to him. It was in that moment he knew that he was the right man for his daughter and he could not be happier."

I clapped and smiled at him. "That was amazing, you really have an amazing story, Mr. and Mrs. Green," I said and took a sip from my own cup. "But I am quite surprised over how you described Mrs. Green, I've never seen her as a closed kind of person. You must have changed a lot over time."

Mrs. Green giggled and took her husband's hands in her own, holding it tight. "Indeed I have and this man helped me." They looked into each other's eyes and smiled. Oh, how I wished that would be me someday.

"But there must have been something you did to change for the better," I said drinking some more of the amazing tea she had made.

She tore away from Mr. Green's gaze and looked at me. "To be honest, that person is still inside of me. You can never change who you are, but you can add things to your personality. However, somewhere inside I will always be that closed person," she told, rolling her shoulders.

Mr. Green massaged them lightly. "Let us proceed to our bedchamber and go to ease for the night," he said, planting a kiss on her cheeks. "Will the young lady be comfortable here?"

"I will," I answered, laying the cup on the table again. "Thank you for letting me stay."

"No problem. Good night, Nina," Mrs. Green said as she followed her husband out of the room and to their own bed.

I strolled over and laid beneath the blankets Mrs. Green had given me.

"You can never change who you are, but you can add things to your personality. However, somewhere inside I will always be that closed person."

Maybe my father was still that loving person inside somewhere. Maybe there was hope.

Hope had always been a faded star in the dark night. Hope was supposed to make you smile and make you want to jump out of bed every morning. It wasn't just an emotion, it was a promise I, sadly, couldn't live up to. It didn't make me smile or made me want to jump out of bed in the morning. It had faded like the stars in the first light of dawn.

I couldn't look beyond the hopeless voices in my head. I had come to the conclusion that beyond the voices, more voices will just be and yell even harder at me. I had once heard about the bright light of hope, however, I had never seen it and if I never do, I pray someone will tell me about it someday and will show it to my family.

As my eyes slowly closed, Mrs. Green words were repeating in my head.

"You can never change who you are, but you can add things to your personality. However, somewhere inside I will always be that closed person."

"I sure hope you are right."

My eyes drifted off and let me take in the waves of darkness.

...

If you liked the chapter make sure to hit the little star!