Chapter 10: Infamous Thief

After the great feat of taking the Sword of Kiri, Arkane had become one of Pio's favorite.

"You're saying you will get what I want kid?" Pio sneered.

"You heard me." Arkane answered shortly.

"What makes you think that you can do it? Two dirtbags wasn't even able to accomplish it." He slowly moved towards her, smirking.

"Just let them go when I return here with that thing that you wanted." She stared at Pio, blankly. Pio's thoughts lingered for a moment then realized that there won't be anything he'll be losing.

"Deal." Pio stopped shortly to raise his index finger. "But.. .if you fail, you all die." He grinned.
--

Arkane had successfully broken the security of the manor of Duke Toren. Unlike other thieves, Arkane was swift and was one with the night with her dark aura. The times of being a ragged child among the streets of Swert made her the most capable of the task. And living as a bannan trained her precision and sharp mind. The only thing she can't be is a fighter. One wrong move and she's as good as dead. The mission was a success.

Pio had granted her wish of letting the guys go but in exchange for her services. Within the little span of one full moon, she became the infamous dark cloaked thief.

****
"Guard!" Toren shouted. His fists were curled out of anger. A guard rushed toward him and bowed. "What is it this time?"

"Si-sir, the dark night penetrated the mansion of Duchess Tera." The guard gulped as Duke Torren tightened his jaws.

"What have they taken ?"

The guard slowly raised his head and met the duke's eyes. His lips trembled. "The box."

Toren's eyes flew towards the guard with sudden mix of nervousness and anger. "What do they need that box for?" He asked mostly to himself with a deep thought. There must be something going on. Something huge. And that thief of him should be eliminated.

"Sir!" The guard bowed his head and spoke. " I think the one responsible of the dark night was the gang of skulls."

The duke stood up, surprised. "What does Pio's plan this time? That damn bastard !"

"The guards weren't able to predict the thief sire. Rumours had it that he was like a flash of dark smoke. Indeed, wielding the title of "dark night".

" Put a price money for that thief and also with the gang. Hunt them and bring them to me!"

****
Arkane was walking along the path towards the center city wearing only her ragged cloak. She is to meet the two boys Kon and Roya, who she remembered the gang leader had called them. They were thrown out of the gang after their failed mission. Though she was working under Pio, still she was just a little girl and new to the city. She needed to rely on someone to roam the city.