Chapter 1: Bannan Tribe

Hey! Uhh I hope I can put an end to this story. I have so many ideas about this so I just hope I'll be able to put them in perfect words. I'm new to writing in wattpad by the way so ..maybe enjoy he he. I can't promise that this story will be completely flawless and comprehensive but if I'll be able to end this story right, which I will try hard to accomplish, I'll be shifting this into a trilogy. That is if my studies won't be affecting my time that much. :)

~ginn

****

The only noise was the sound made by moccasins as steps were set slowly over the bricked pavement down the ground. The torch on her left hand was the only source of light as they walk further down the narrow hall made by red bricks. Her eyes directed at the heart of the darkness which seemed vast ahead. Muffled sounds of someone upstairs jolted her to a sudden halt which caused her companion to bump on her back.

"What ?" He queried in a hissed tone. He noticed the silent alarm from her expression, then moved his arm to his waist, feeling the cold, hard hilt of a dagger. She faced him behind her shoulder, the green in her eyes reflecting the tongues of fire shifted to a hard serious gaze before she maneuvered forward with a more careful accuracy.

"Someone's up. They obviously took this manor as their own. We need to act fast." She whispered coolly as she moved.

As they reached the dead end, she moved her palms against the walls searching for something, then stopped, hands still resting on the wall. She glanced at him before she forcefully pushed against it. It moved out, clearing a square-shaped space enough for them to enter.

She moved through it first. The smell of parchment, ink, and books welcomed her as she moved forward. Dim light from the outside enabled her to trace the shelves and eyed the books that were neatly fixed against them. This was the secret room of the manor, of her father. She moved to touch the books beneath one another. 'Father would be happy that this place remained a secret and not burnt into ashes'. Her thoughts were shot off as her eyes laid on a round table across the room, behind the farthest shelf. Slowly, she stepped towards it, both her hands to grasp it. She closed it into a hug, 'his favorite book', and immediately put it inside a cloth sack she had brought with her. A hand grabbed her shoulders.

"We're running out of time, kiddo," she looked over her shoulder to watch him back away. She followed.

Inching against the halls to avoid unwanted situations, they moved straight to the manor's armory, another secret room of her father. Her companion took his own leather sack and got all weapons the sack could handle. This room was where her father usually store his weapons, different weapons, mostly of swords. He got numbers of daggers, five swords, and three giant axes. While, her companion was busy, she walked around the room, reminiscing. She was facing a bow and a couple of arrows. Her father never used it in front of her when he used to train. He usually use sword, a lance, or a dagger but she was told that it was his favorite weapon when she caught him staring at the weapon for hours. 'He never had the chance to use you'.