Chapter 67: The First Flame

Hearing the words of their leader, the Bastich warriors that were surrounding Ahmed, quickly moved towards Lydia and the two other strangers beside her. One of the guards with an unkempt bushy eyebrow walked forward and stared angrily at Lydia. "You are wanted for crimes against the Kahn household. Submit or die before our blades," he said as he slowly approached them. Although he gave the impression of being confident, in reality, he was far from that. He was in a perpetual state of deep fright, which could be seen as beads of sweat formed on his face. Inwardly he caused at the fact they were fighting people as strong as Ahmed. "Step back Lydia," Baya said as he moved towards the guards. From the sides of his waist, Baya pulled out his twin daggers.

Ahmed who was currently staring at Willard and Baya frowned as he heard Baya's words. It was as if anything Baya said directly insulted him. At this particular moment, it could be said that he had reached the precipice of his anger. "Not only did you disturb my peace, you stupid shit dared to lump me together with that man." He said in an uncontrollable fit of anger "I will not rest until I skin you alive."

Ahmed picked up the two parts that made his spear and quickly coupled them before connecting a metallic chain to it. He rushed towards the leader of the guards, Moore, with the same savage look he had. After his fight with Willard, he quickly learned something valuable, which was not to casually throw his weapon at his opponent. Ahmed thrust his spear in a savage motion aiming directly for the head. He was going for the kill but also wanted to use the opportunity to feel out his current opponent.

Moore defended against the strike with some difficulty as he slided a couple of steps backward. To his surprise, a small crack appeared on his blade. From this exchange, he could tell that Ahmed was definitely physically stronger than he was. And plus the fact that Ahmed had already shown he was in the elemental energy level early. "Very strong. Hurry up and get here Oaklif." Moore lamented as he composed himself.

Ahmed was lashing out his spear attacks like a viper on the attack. It took quite a bit of effort for Moore to defend the frenzied attacks. Moore was completely shut down with the share ferociousness of those spear attacks. He wasn't given the slightest bit of an opportunity to counterattack once. "You have some skill," Ahmed said as he stretched his neck producing a loud cracking sound. "Good. I don't want you to die easily."

From the center of Ahmed's palm that gripped his spear, violet lightning cracked outward, flowing through the metal spear. Some of the lightning randomly congealed to a strange liquid lightning form that fell from the tip of Ahmed's spear and scattered across the ground. Baya who was some distance from Ahmed had a contemplative look on his face as he stared at Ahmed. "The angrier he gets the more lightning essence he is able to condense and use." Baya softly said to himself. From watching Ahmed, he had just gained some minor clues on what he could focus on while he trained.

Moore who was at the receiving end of Ahmed's wrath, grunted as he condensed some flames around his swords. Afterall, Moore himself was at the elemental energy level. He knew Ahmed had finally gotten serious with their battle. The restaurant at this point had been completely emptied. None of the people that worked or earlier dinners were within twenty feet of the inn. The fact that two elemental energy experts were fighting signaled the need to run for their lives.

As Ahmed continued his barrage of attacks, Moore was forced backward, time and time again, directly forcing him out of the restaurant. Ahmed ran towards him, trying to quickly close their distance and continue the assault. Although Ahmed had a clear advantage, he still wasn't able to truly harm Moore and put him in a dangerous situation. "Is that all you know how to do?" Ahmed angrily yelled, "Since that's all you know how to do, just stand there and receive my spear." He continued as he switched from a thrusting motion to a sweeping one applying, even more, force than he applied previously, which knocked Moore a couple more steps backward.